Charter Cable & OfferWire - Rebate Scam

Posted on Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 at 3:35pm CST by c81db051

Product: Ubee U10Z018 Cable Modem & D Link 601 Wireless Router

Company: Charter Cable & OfferWire

Location: Charter 1265 John Q Hammons 100 Madison, Wi. 53717-1941 OfferWire Mail-In Rebate Promotion Dept. 10-31262 P.O. Box 540035 El Paso, Tx. 88554-0035
Madison & El Paso, Wi, 53717-1941, US

URL: http://www.charter.com / www.offerwire.com/

Had cable & internet service ordered by Charter Cable on 7-2010 Had to purchase Internet Modem & Wireless Router up front from/ through Charter with the monthly special of a rebate of $59.95 on the modem and $40.00 on the Wireless Router. Charter provided all the essential data needed and OfferWire website to get the forms for rebate.

Went to OfferWire site, downloaded 2 forms, filled them out, provided all information asked for, called OfferWire customer service and went over form to make sure everything needed was there. Was told form's were complete and then mailed off.

Get email confirmation that Rebate forms were received with tracking numbers.Never received rebate so called 11-16-2010 and was told forms were incomplete that I had to purchase equiptment directly through OfferWire. Told them that Charter ordered the equiptment and I paid up front. Charter now says they show no record of ordering any internet equiptment.

614e2d1e, 2011-01-04, 08:46AM CST

If this issue has not been settled yet please mail me directly and I'll help you get this resolved. I am an employee of Bridgevine, the company that operates offerwire.com

Mark Ballard

[email protected]

aa10890a, 2011-08-08, 03:48PM CDT

I also purchased the DLink router and Ubee cable modem based on the rebate special. The rebate was supposed to cover the charges of the products if I subscribed to Comcast's service. I did this and have been trying unsucessfully to find the forms to fill out for the rebate. When I called RealNetworks in regard to the Superpass associated with this promotion, they had no record of me or my purchase. DLink and Ubee's site are not helpful and the receipt I received has incorrect data on it in order to follow up properly.