Verizon - Bad phone deal

Product: Verizon phone

Company: Verizon

Location: PO Box 105378
Atlanta, GA, 77327, US

My Verizon phone went out while on business in Kerrville TX. I went to the Kerrville Verizon store and bought a new one with a 1 year warranty. My phone quit again within the warranty period and I took it to the Cleveland TX Verizon near my home. The store clerk informed me that my warranty was with the Kerrville store 325 miles away and that they had no way of troubleshooting the phone or charger and that they could not help me. Dumbfounded I called Verizon customer service where supervisor Quincy told me to go back to the store and he would call them and tell them to give me a phone. I went back to the store and was told Quincy never called and that they could not help me. I called customer service again to talk to Quincy and after eternal hold I was told Quincy would call me back. I explained to every Verizon representative that I had been a customer for 15 years with multiple phones and a flawless payment history. Quincy never called so the next day I went to AT&T and got another phone. Two days later I get a surprise package in the mail from Verizon which I returned unopened. Verizon wants to charge me an early termination fee which I believe to be obsurd.