GBP Publications - GBP Publications Scam

Company: GBP Publications

Location: US Mailbox: 2232 South Nellis Boulevard #316
Las Vegas, NV, 89104, US

URL: http://www.myyellowpagesonline.com/

My company recently received an invoice from GBP Publications in the amount of $499.95 for online advertising. I never ordered or wanted their product/services.

I am currently dealing with a company called Scam Stoppers. They are trying to get this account closed for me. If anyone else has problems with this company you can contact Robert or George at 888-315-7550.

f30df7e2, 2010-12-13, 11:03AM CST

I had the same problem - the sales guy led me to believe he was calling to renew a current service. I asked several times about the amount and confirming that it was a renewal. Of course the only recording they have is the person verifying the contract so I am screwed. I agreed to pay to make the credit issue go away but will continue to issue complaints about their practices in hopes others avoid their tactics!

0ffb8033, 2010-12-15, 11:15AM CST

We received the same thing at our business. I tried to reach the above number, but it is not for Scam Stoppers. Is there another number to reach them?

90504790, 2011-02-15, 01:02PM CST

The toll free number listed here is incorrect and goes to another business that is legit. Someone please post correct phone number

250891d4, 2011-02-17, 04:42PM CST

You would not believe the harrassment this company has put us through. They started calling us last year and said we order this advertisement for $499.95 that we did not order. We finally asked them to play the recorded conversation they had, and they came up with a shady recorded phone call that sounded as if it had been edited. In order to keep this from ruining our credit, and to hopefully get rid of them we agreed to pay them. They did deduct half the year and all the late charges they had placed on us and we came to a total of $359.95, which we paid and we cancelled out with them and asked them to remove us from their calling list and to never contact us again for any type of advertising.

UPDATE: It has been approx. four months now, and they are calling us again, this time they are saying that we owe them $999.90 for two years of advertising that we agreed to pay.

How do we make them STOP???