Qwest - Qwest / double paid / won't refund us

Company: Qwest

Location: PO Box 29040
Phoenix, AZ, 85038, US

URL: http://www.qwest.com/

I paid through my bank account on 8/31/2010 $10.00 which cleared my account on 9/1/2010. Later I got a bill saying I would go to collections if I don't pay $11.66, so I paid through their website on 10/5/2010 granted I thought this was another bill not realizing it was the same bill and now we paid twice. I called on 10/5/2010 to confirm and advised them that I already paid for this original charge and it cleared and they stated they would do a Payment Investigation and it would take 3-5 business days for someone to call me regarding this issue. I never got a call and so I called again on 10/15 I explained I've been waiting to find out what is going on with my case.I was told it takes 7-10 days for this to be done, yet still nothing about the status of my case. I called again 10/29 to be told now they need a copy of the check the bank sent or bank transmittal report. So we sent that to the fax group at 800.393.4318. I still didn't hear anything so on 11/5 I called yet again. Explaining I don't have time to call every week to find out where and when my money will get refunded, that it's been over 30 days since this has all started "the investigation" which they put a note in for someone to call me for a follow up to this day I have not heard anything. I can't believe it takes this long to get my overpayment back. My next stop will be to the BBB, for someone not to call me or for me to not get my refund in a timely manner is unacceptable. I will not recommend this company to anyone nor use them again.

2b1870f0, 2011-05-02, 11:15AM CDT

I got results by going thru my state Office of the Attorney General. Qwest is the worst, no conscious, flat out thieves.