Dish Network - Dish Network, Liars and Crooks

Posted on Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 at 6:15pm CST by 0fef001f

Product: Disch Network

Company: Dish Network

I received Dish Network service in February of 2010. They lied to me right from the start. Before I signed the two year contract I was specifically told I wouldn't have to have a phone line connected to my receiver because I had told them I didn't have phone jacks near the receivers. I was charged the fee anyway on my first bill. I called and disputed the fee and it was finally removed. When I signed up for service I was supposed to receive credits because I was referred by someone who also had Dish Network, I never received a credit nor did the person who referred me. After two months of service (and subsequent phone calls to Dish Network to repeatedly get my bill fixed) they raised my bill $6 a month. I called them (again) upset that my base rate had been raised, they said they were sorry but I had been notified of the rate increase by either mail or e-mail. I was never notified of any rate increase. They gave me a credit for $5 for six months to "transition me into the rate adjustment", I also received two PPV movie passes (which I did not need because I have Netflix), however my contract is for two years. A month or two passed and my bill was raised again, this time my extra receiver fee was increased from $7 a month to $14 a month, I called very upset and they basically said sorry, deal with it... I have a two year contract!! Two months later I received another bill and low and behold it was raised again! This time $2 a month, I called, AGAIN, and they said that all bills were raised because they offer free HD for life, well that's fine and dandy but my TV is not HD, nor do I have HD service, so why am I paying for HD??! I can't afford an HD TV because my pay stays the same and my bills keep going up!! A month ago I received my bill and saw that I was now being charged for the equipment servicing or equipment insurance or whatever they called it. This was a promotion that I received when I first signed up for Dish Network, I was to recieve nine months free, I did not want it, I told the rep I did not want it, the rep assured me that as soon as the promotion was over it would come off my bill, the rep LIED TO ME! On two of my previous MANY phone calls with Dish I inquired about this promotion, because I wanted to make sure that once the promotion was over I would not be charged (because I have been screwed by this gimmick before and had learned my lesson), two other Dish Network reps LIED TO ME and told me that it would come off my bill, that I did not have to call in to cancel. Well I told the lady that I did not want the service and to cancel it, she said no problem she would remove it. Well, guess what, I just got my bill again last weekend and that six dollar charge from last month is still on my bill, along with a new six dollar charge for this month! So, I call my "friends" at Dish! And the rep at the other end has the nerve to tell me that there is a $25 fee to remove this service. At this point I'm just speechless, how on earth can a company be allowed to do this to people. I am angry, I tell her I will not pay a fee for something that I never wanted in the first place and she graciously waived the fee (nice of her, huh??) and promised me that the $12 in fees for this service I never wanted was removed, but I had to pay for it up front so I wasn't charged any late fees. Well I guess we will see when I get my next bill if they actually removed it. To sum it up, Dish Network LIES, they are CROOKS, and they are definitely NOT number one in customer satisfaction. I'm tired of being screwed by companies, I work hard for every dime I receive and I refuse to allow thieves like Dish Network to STEAL anymore of my hard-earned money. The reason why the economy can't recover is because of THIEVES like Dish Network. I signed a two year contract with them, I have to pay them for two years, but they can raise whatever they want, what kind of contract it that!!!???!!!

6635e947, 2010-12-22, 05:40PM CST

Hello Friend, This is Stephen Hyde from DISH Network customer service. I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication that has happen between us if you are having any other issues I would be happy to look into it for you. You can email at [email protected] Thank you.

008a25c3, 2010-12-28, 10:03AM CST

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. Because television is such a dynamic industry, some changes to programming prices are unavoidable; this is true for all pay-TV providers. Though we must occasionally accept a price increase to continue providing a certain channel, we still offer the lowest all-digital price in the pay-TV industry.

Feel free to email me your account number to look into this for you. Please send it to [email protected]

e9cf74b2, 2010-12-29, 08:53AM CST

This is Phillip Chang with DISH Network's Customer Service. I have reviewed your post and I would like to help. The TV2 connection fee that you mentioned has been discontinued, although it would still be a good idea to have it connected to take full advantage of our equipment. We do currently offer our Service Plan to new customers free for the first 6 months of service, in the event that they no longer want it after that there is not charge for removing it. We work very hard to keep our prices the lowest in the industry, while still providing our customers with the best programming. We do understand that a rate increase is frustrating, especially with the economy the way it is, however all providers go through similar processes to maintain a competitive channel lineup.

Your feed back is very important to us as we continue to strive for the best possible way in assisting you. If you would like any additional information please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thanks for being a valued DISH Network customer!

a9b849d6, 2011-01-03, 05:13PM CST

Hello, Mark H with DISH Network. I located your post and if you would like us to review what has occurred let me know. With the 24 month agreement it does provide a free installation, discount on programming for a set period of months and other benefits. The programming price is not guaranteed as new agreements with the channel providers must be made and the costs can increase.

8020366e, 2011-02-14, 07:41PM CST

dont worry still happend they raise the fee once again $10.00 new year new fee so the people of direct tv went ahead.

e4e18425, 2012-06-16, 09:42PM CDT

I want to let everyone know that dish uses channel / programming disputes as a gimmick to raise rates .

it happens every time they have a channel like amc or fox abcfamily or tbs tnt or whatever network or channel ,then they raise it $5. or $3. a month and say we resolved the dispute ,this is total BS it is just a way for them to charge more and Dish thinks all their customers are dumb , the call center people even agreed with me, that it is a SCAM and just a way to raise our rates. so I guess I'm dropping dish and going with cable for a year with no contract and $89. a month including dvr, tv/internet/unimited local and long distance phone. when the year is over I will try directv again.and dsl with at&t or another company that is in this area.

sign me:

I know they are pulling the scam again.

I know they are pulling the scam again

I know they are pulling the scam again.

I know dish network is pulling the same scam again, I don't want AMC if my monthly bill is going to go up ,I will mail their receiver back to them and never ever use dish network again....................................................................they've screwed with me for the last time ,don't tread on me

dish network fraudulent scammers.