Beyond the Zone, Inc. - Color jamz hair dye is awful

Posted on Sunday, May 30th, 2010 at 1:44pm CDT by 5c06bfd1

Product: Beyond The Zone Color Jamz in Purple Passion

Company: Beyond the Zone, Inc.

Location: P.O. Box 31974
Seattle, Wa, 98103, US

Friday night, I purchased Color Jamz hair dye in purple passion from a Sally Beauty Supply in my town. Saturday, I had my stylist dye my hair with it. After double checking all the directions and following them exactly, my originally blonde hair was significantly more brown looking than purple. I could live with that,as it looked pretty cool, despite being far from the hair sample color. Barely a day later, my hair has already faded into an ugly brownish gray color. I will never use this kind of dye again, and I will be posting my complaints all over the internet to let people know not to use this awful product. I want my money back.

86a3f297, 2011-11-09, 06:06PM CST

Purple is the HARDEST color to achieve when dying your hair in alternative colors. On the color wheel, purple and yellow are complimentary. This means on hair it will cancel each other out. That is probably why you got brown hair. If you ever heard of toners, they are semi- or permanent dyes and they have a purple base to cancel out the yellow to make you have white hair. This is one way to get your hair ready for purple dye. Another way to get purple hair is dye it blue or red first and let it fade a little before applying purple. This gives the purple a base that it can show up on (Red and blue are next to purple on the color wheel. It is easy and recommended to jump from colors side-by-side on the color wheel).