Eldan Rental Cars - Eldan Rental Car Rip-Off!

Posted on Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 at 6:10pm CDT by a622a385

Company: Eldan Rental Cars

Location: Ben-Gurion Airport
Tel-Aviv, IL

URL: http://www.eldan.co.il/en/

If you plan to rent a car in Israel from ELDAN, here is a good reason NOT TO DO IT!

On my last visit to Israel, I decided to rent a car from Eldan. I searched their website, located the car I wanted and chose insurance coverage. There were only 2 choices and I chose comprehensive insurance over mandatory 3rd part liability. I got my quote and accepted it. But when I arrived in Israel and was handed the contract to sign, I noticed a printed addition which stated that the credit card holder of the rental agreement confirms that it is known that insurance does not cover primary damage of $545. This excess will be debited to the credit card account in case of damage or loss of any part of the car including damage to a third party. I was shocked! Then the agent told me that if I wanted to eliminate this cost, I could do it for an additional payment of about $170. She could not answer my question as to why Eldan's comprehensive insurance was not comprehensive and why the extra cost was not mentioned on their website. Since I needed comprehensive coverage,I had no choice but to pay the additional cost--- even though it was a total rip-off!

There is no phone number to contact customer service on the Eldan website but I managed to get the number when I returned the rental car. I called Eldan from the USA and got their e-mail address which is [email protected] I then sent an email to Customer Service saying that on their website they present only two options for insurance without any mention of the fact that in order to be fully insured there would be a large extra surcharge.

I waited a week for a reply and then sent a reminder. I wrote that I would wait another week and if I did not get an answer, I would send them a copy of a letter that I intended to post on the internet.

A response finally came from [email protected] It contained a copy of the contract I signed but not one word of explanation. My advice to anyone considering a rental car from Eldan is LOOK ELSEWHERE!

8dad28b4, 2010-07-04, 10:49AM CDT

Hello

This policy is the same in almost all car rental compagnies in europe and other places in the world. Its very usual and its called excess (uk) or deductible (US). You can have more information here.http://www.insurance4carhire.co/guid/What_is_excess_waiver_insurance.html

For any kind of personal insurrance, you will probably have to paid a deductible if you have a accident or a reclamation. For example, if the reparation cost 2000$, you automaticly paid the first 500$.

8dad28b4, 2010-07-04, 11:11AM CDT

Hello

I'm sorry to say that this policy is the same in almost all car rental compagnies in europe and other places in the world. Its very usual and its called excess waiver. You can have more information here.http://www.insurance4carhire.co/guid/What_is_excess_waiver_insurance.html