Sirius Satellite Radio - Overcharged by Sirius Satellite Radio

Company: Sirius Satellite Radio

Location: 1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY, 10020, US

URL: http://www.sirius.com/

I called Sirius to see about getting our subscription fees reduced due to the fact that they were beyond unreasonable. The CSR talked me into getting a Lifetime subscription, which would lower the annual fee based on the numbers he gave me. We have two radios, one primary and one secondary. He told me that we could do 5 monthly installments to pay for the subscription. The primary radio was to be $84.00 and the secondary was to be $65.00 which would total $149.00 per month for the next five months. I thought I got all the details. He said that included all "taxes and fees". The subscription was non cancellable and non refundable which was fine. He also said it was non transferrable, and went on to explain that if we sold the car to someone the buyer wouldn't be able to take the subscription. Made sense. So, I agreed and gave them my debit card number. The first charge came in about 5 minutes later at $255.00! I immediately called and tried to get a resolution but of course was sent to a different CSR that said there were taxes and fees involved. I told her that the call was recorded by them and that she could go back and listen to what I was told. She said they could do a reverse debit, which would take 7-10 business days and the account would be closed, blah blah blah. I said nevermind, just tell me what my fees will be from here on out. The answer was $149, that the initial payment included all the fees. The next month I get hit with $174.00, and the three subsequent months were $194.00. I knew that there was nothing I could do after the second month so I just let it go. However, I am warning everyone to GET IT IN WRITING if you deal with Sirius. Also, back to the non transferrable thing, if you get a new vehicle (which everyone does eventually) the "non transferrable" thing doesn't apply to the buyer of your car. It applies to YOU! You cannot continue service with your existing radio without having to pay for another lifetime subscription if you trade or sell your car.