Agoda - Agoda refuses to correct mis-booking

Company: Agoda

Location: Thailand
TH

URL: http://agoda.com/

I booked a hotel that Agoda's site said was in Puebla, Mexico, but the actual city it was in was Heroica Puebla de Zaragosa. Not only did they refuse to cancel the booking, but they never called or e-mailed me after multiple calls and e-mails FROM me, each of which prompted a promise to contact me within 24 hours. When they finally did get in touch with me, well after that period, they simply provided me with the full address of the hotel in the wrong city, a thousand miles away. When I complained that they clearly hadn't even bothered reading my e-mails, they responded that their cancellation fee is 100 percent of the room rate. First off, that's obscene, but more annoyingly, it's thoroughly unresponsive. On several of my queries, I asked to speak to a real representative on the phone. Each time they said one would call within 24 hours. None ever called. Now they won't even return my e-mails.

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. Expedia or Orbitz or Hotels.com or Kayak would have been on the phone with me within minutes. Use them instead.