Hewlett Packard - HP Printers - print cartridge issues

Product: HP PSC2350 and L7780

Company: Hewlett Packard

Location: 3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, Ca, 94304-1185, US

I used to love HP printers. I love their print quality. But the last two printers I've purchased have been nothing but a disappointment. I'm sick of the printer refusing to print when a print cartridge goes below 2/3 full. I'm sick of the printer refusing to print a black and white document when I'm out of cyan ink. If you pull a paper jam out of the front of the printer, the printer will never work again. The rollers on my PSC2350 won't always pick up the paper. This is both a quality issue with the printer and anger at whatever the gimmick is with the print cartridges where I am forced to buy them before they are truly empty and when I don't actually need that color anyway. HP used to make a great, hassle free product with affordable print cartridges. Now the printer is neither hassle free nor are the print cartridges particularly affordable. I will remember this the next time I go to buy a printer, and I will seriously be considering a different brand after I do thorough research.

a57c7e20, 2011-03-11, 10:21PM CST

I have a C309A Photosmart Premium all-in-one printer myself. I have had nothing but problems with the cartridges not wanting to print with less than 2/3 ink. HP sent me a new print head in hopes it would resolve the issue. Of course it has not. I can print 40-50 pages and it stops printing. At this point, which printer does one buy. You can find problems with all of them unfortunately. But, I have to agree, I will seriously reconsider HP Printers.