Luxury Marketing Services Panama S.A. (LMS) - Emails ignored regarding faulty product

Posted on Thursday, March 4th, 2010 at 1:59pm CST by d7b6d8b4

Product: power adapter (catalogue code #136 from in flight duty free)

Company: Luxury Marketing Services Panama S.A. (LMS)

Location: N/A
Santiago, Chile and Lima, Peru, N/, N/A, CL

This is a complaint against Luxury Marketing Services Panama S.A., which operates LAN Airlines (Chile) in-flight duty free service. I purchased a power adapter on a flight from Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina so that I would be able to use my electronics abroad. The adapter worked for a few days but then stopped working. At the time of purchase I was given a piece of paper with contact details in the event that I required a refund or an exchange so I sent an email to the address provided. After one week I had not received a response, so I sent a second email which was also ignored. It has now been 2 weeks and have sent them a third email to complain, however I doubt that they will bother responding to that one.

Do not purchase anything from LMS Panama S.A. that might break and require a refund or an exchange as any attempts to contact them via email will be ignored. I also can't seem to find any type of website for this company, making it even more difficult to try to contact someone there to make an official complaint. Buyer beware.