Target - Target has lost my business

Location: PO box 59231
MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55440-5923, US

URL: http://www.target.com/

Category: Stores, Shopping

So because my husband forgot to push the submit button on our monthly e- payment to Target bank's red card, and according to their own site the payment was therefore 4 days late; despite the fact that I have never been late before and have always paid through their on- line site, and despite the fact that I immediately paid them by phone when they called to say I was late, they cut my credit limit by more than 50% and raised the interest on my balance from 13.99% to 20.24%. I spoke with a supervisor by phone, they were unrelenting. Of course I cut my credit card into shreds and will never shop at Target again. Here is a warning, if you pay on line, go back to the online site again before your due date, and confirm that your payment was fully processed, better yet; don't deal with target. I believe it is immoral and should be illegal to besmirch one's credit and arbitrarily raise the interest on an existing debt when one's payment record has been perfect and the current omission was clearly just a technical one.