Sears Home Services - SEARS - worst service ever.

Posted on Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 at 6:22pm CDT by 42a51598

Product: Heat Pump repair

Company: Sears Home Services

Location: 3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL, 60179, US

URL: http://www.sears.com/

The quality of service from SEARS has deteriorated dramatically over the last year or so. I believe I have never had such bad service from any company in the USA. I have a service contract with them, and I try to get my Heat Pump unit fixed - sold a few years ago by SEARS - since January! They could not figure out what is wrong with the unit on the first visit, and the consecutive visits they canceled and rescheduled already FIVE TIMES! Their technician told me confidentially that they laid off everyone in the region except him, and since he has no clue how to fix the unit they keep cancelling and rescheduling the service call. So my advice to everyone - STAY AWAY FROM SEARS.

SearsCares, 2010-04-27, 06:23PM CDT

To Worst service,

I am very sorry to read this post regarding your service experience. We know delayed service calls cause you frustration as there is always something else you could be doing than waiting on a technician. I dont know what has happened to the service unit in your area but we should not be postponing service. We need to be doing everything we can to get your issue resolved. My name is Brian and Im part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we would like to take over this issue and get it resolved to your satisfaction. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the heat pump was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Worst service), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

42a51598, 2010-04-28, 10:33AM CDT

To Brian J,

The Worst service is SEARS, my name is Vladimir. I am the author of the original complaint.

SEARS technicians came in April after my complaint to BBB. They did some work and claim that they fix the problem. It is impossible to verify now, because the problem was: ICE BUILDUP on the unit.

I have to wait until winter to verify the quality of repair.