Flickr (subsidiary of Yahoo!) - Flickr Customer Service is a Joke!

Posted on Thursday, March 25th, 2010 at 9:11pm CDT by f351b4b9

Product: Flickr Photo Sharing

Company: Flickr (subsidiary of Yahoo!)

Location: Yahoo! Inc. 701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA, 94089, US

URL: http://www.flickr.com

After NUMEROUS attempts at trying to get answers regarding my recently terminated account, Flickr customer support has been anything but supportive. The only responses I get are automated, no one can seem to tell me HOW my account was in violation of their TOS. This leads me to believe that they don't know how it was in violation either, and since they've deleted it, they're just trying to cover their asses. Sorry, but they deleted over 13,000+ images (that I can't get back) and over a years worth of work. So an explanation is the LEAST they can do. And no, another "This account was in violation" won't cut it. In violation of what?! That's the question that I'm waiting for an answer to. If an error was made on Flickr's part, the least they can do is own up to their mistake and apologize for it. I'm standing in the middle of their customer service department, screaming at the top of my lungs, and NO ONE is listening.

241382b7, 2011-01-28, 01:06PM CST

Ditto!!!

Flickr deleted my account based on a false allegation from another user. They didn't ask for any explanation nor have they offered one.

I have written them a detailed letter explaining who I was establishing my crediblity with them. There response? Zero.

They simply have not responded!!!

I too have lost 5 years of work.

For such an amazing service they provide to the world ... their impulsiveness in account deletions is unbelievable.