Midway auto center - Unethical idiots

Company: Midway auto center

Location: 4020 Midway RD
CARROLLTON, TX, 75007, US

Category: Business, Finances

I recently worked for this company, though not for long as they are highly unethical. The owner had run out of all but 10w30 oil, so that is what was going into all the cars, including a new Camry that required 0w20 or 5w20 (It takes either)but marking the reminder stickers as the correct oil.

When the owner overheard me say that this wasn't right, he said "If you don't like what you're doing, you can go home." So I packed my tools and left. Then there were also the illegal vehicle inspections that they did, and paying only $300 a week for a 58 hour work week.

(They can get away with this because they pay salary, not hourly) The manager, Chris, on my last day threw back a customers paperwork at me saying "a car with this many miles needs more than what you wrote down." without even looking at the car, even though I myself checked everything.

He just wanted to sell services to customers that were not yet needed. There were also safety issues around the shop, faulty equipment that hadn't been serviced in over 20 years, and the owner himself has driven a vehicle off the lift damaging it, and telling the customer nothing. I have already reported them to the D.P.S.

Bottom line: though I am now jobless, and hurting for money, I at least still have my personal integrity.

-James

99acd990, 2010-07-07, 09:47AM CDT

I took my car to Midway Auto Center in Carrollton, TX for an oil change and free car wash and they try to scam you into doing all kinds of repairs. It is run by a couple of shady looking Middle Eastern guys. My Panama hat was crushed by an employee vacuuming out the car and they refused to pay for it. Avoid this place!