Costco - COSTCO Concierge Service SUCKS

Posted on Monday, March 15th, 2010 at 8:24pm CDT by Sam S.

Company: Costco

Category: Stores, Shopping

Don't be fooled by Costco's so called Concierge service and extended warranty. They means alsolutely nothing.

I purchased a Samsung flat panel TV from Costco. After 4 months it would not switch on. No power - nothing.

I lugged the TV to the local Costco store only to be told to take it back and call their 'Concierge' service.

After 2 hours (yes - 2 hours) on the phone with technical support, a rep from Samsung (how the heck did they enter into the equation when my contract is with Costco!), and then two managers, I was told that basically I had two options: 1. accept a refurbished unit (are they kidding me?) or 2. send it in for repair which would take a minimum of three weeks (great - so i'll just pick my nose for the next 3 weeks).

I have a brand new TV that's 4 months old and I'm expected to accept a refurbished TV or a repair job? That's just disgusting. As far as I'm concerned, neither is a satisfactory option.

My TV should be replaced or at the very least I should be given a a replacement whilst mine is being repaired.

But no - Costco expect a customer to be without their goods for weeks and they also make you jump through hoops just to get some satisfaction.

Well - they just lost a customer. Suffice to say that I'm cancelling my Costco membership.

I was always under the impression that Costco was a great place to shop and slightly above other stores in terms of its service. That's been proved not to be the case - in fact it's a fool's way of thinking. They're no different to any other store who pass the buck when the going gets tough.

All I can say is Costco's service SUCKS.

dd8b1f2d, 2010-03-31, 02:01PM CDT

I purchased from Costco a HP Mini 110, and as always I was hoping to receive the service I was used

to over the last 25 years unfortunately the Costco Concierge service do not provide this service any more, they will try to fix your problem over the phone and if he cannot fix the problem he will ask you to contact the manufacturer and you have to deal with manufacturer and not COSTCO the question I now why should I purchase from COSTCO when they supply the same lousy service by using spin doctors like the Costco Concierge service ? I am very disappointed about COSTCO return policy and service and for sure will think twice to purchase any electronic equipment from COSTCO in CANADA in the future

I am using my HP 110 for my airplane as a backup GPS and to file cross border flight planes unfortunately there is something wrong with the keyboard or software and the my HP 100 has become very unreliable and useless for my working environment.

07852a7c, 2010-04-07, 11:09PM CDT

What you can do is SCREW COSTCO BACK Buy a new monitor, put it on a credit card, use the hell out of it, beat it up and take it back.

2b8633de, 2010-05-05, 11:21AM CDT

just buy an equivalant TV from Costco while your Samsung is being repaired then return it. You have 90days. Hopefully your problem will be resolved by then .

1307ac49, 2010-06-08, 08:34PM CDT

Hmmm. It appears that Concierge is only a tech support thing - it might help some people fix a problem related to configuration or cables or something, but if not you're back to the manufacturer's warranty (just like all other retailers). I'm surprised they would spend two hours on the phone with you and bring in Samsung to help; while it didn't resolve your problem, it might help others.

I'm not sure what you expected from CostCo - perhaps that they'd ship you a free new TV from their own stock? That would be sweet! But I'm unaware of any discount retailer who does that - it's up to the manufacturer, and most warrantee repairs nowadays are refurbs, not just TVs. Or put another way - you send yours in for repair, they send you an already repaired one from from somebody else and a few weeks later somebody gets yours after it's repaired (refurbished). Or you can wait for your own set to be repaired. Again, while it would be sweet to get a "loaner" air freighted out (or supplied by a physically local retailer like Costco) during the repair period, I'm not aware of any TV manufacturer who offers that, or any retailer who does. Radio Shack? Best Buy? Walmart? Target? Somebody local or regional?

Maybe you can find an aftermarket insurance program (for some extra cost) which provides what you want - immediate replacement with a new set and/or a loaner while it's being refurbished. Check around; I think that at least some of the aftermarket insurance programs are junk but others might be OK. Good luck! It sure sucks to have it break after 4 months, I sympathize.

7cec06c7, 2010-06-25, 12:08PM CDT

Oh boo frickin' hoo. Your TV broke and they wanted to repair it for you. Poor baby.

When you called Costco's Concierge service, how long did you wait on hold? I'll bet not more than a minute. I've never had to wait longer than that to get through when I've had to call them. Try to get response time like that from a manufacturer.

When they called Samsung for you, how long did you hold then? A couple of minutes? Call Samsung yourself and let me know how long it takes. Talk to you next week.

Oh, they wanted to speed things up and send you a TV that was repaired already so you wouldn't have to wait? Aww, you poor thing. Who would want a TV that was repaired and tested by a technician in the good old US of A over one that was put together by some grunt on an assembly line in China?

How about they send you a new TV, refund your purchase price, fire the cashier who rang up your purchase and have the manager shot? Will that satisfy you?

5c0441c1, 2010-07-13, 07:13PM CDT

I work for the concierge and can under stand your frustration. But unfortunately you were under the manufactures warranty when called. We tried to help diagnose the issue(since most ppl rather just return to the store) and solve it with out a return ing the unit. Its yours you bought it. Just that most ppl that shop at costco think that they deserve to return it cause they shit dont stink. stop complaining and read your warranty before buying your product. Or for other know how to use the crap you rich idiots buy. But thanks for the opportunity to have this job. You know most companies customer support is in another country where the ppl cant EVEN UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. So thank costco for having ppl around that will take the headaches of dealing with the manufactures warranty pn your behalf.

650758de, 2010-08-14, 09:51AM CDT

I'm still wrapping up an awful experience with Costco Concierge. On my first call we did the troubleshooting, and then they connected me with the manufacturer. After promising to stay on the line, Taneesha hung up.

The manufacturer agreed to send out a refurb unit, and said I could expect it to arrive in three weeks. I called after two weeks and asked for shipping info so I could track the anticipated delivery and plan to be available to receive it.

The manufacturer could not even confirm that an item had been shipped. I asked Concierge to get involved, and in the end it took another week before they shipped the item. My first request either hadn't been processed, or they were out of stock and didn't want to admit that.

Now I still haven't received a return label/authorization. I've called to let them know this. They called back and left a voicemail saying it should be in my email inbox (it's not), and they'll call back to confirm with me. That was days ago, and they haven't called.

I guess I get to call them again. What a huge waste of time.

As for the post from someone who claims to be a Concierge employee: Your attitude comes through loud and clear on the phone too. What a bunch of crap. You judge your customers rather than caring whether they are happy. You should be thankful for your job, because if the world was right you would be unemployed. There are better people out there who actually care about customer happiness.

Oh, and your comment on the people in India not speaking english? Well I don't know what language you speak, but it isn't english. Your spoken english is even worse than your written comments on this site.

Yea. No more shopping at Costco. If this is the best they can do, then I'll buy everything somewhere else. You can't treat me nice in the meat department, and expect me to overlook this kind of treatment in a different department.

8bba5574, 2010-08-14, 02:48PM CDT

I just purchased a computer online for a friend it said it could be done if you were a non member for a 5 percent fee. When we checked out, there was a C WES fee of $16 which was not 5% and still have no idea what that is for and no one will explain, and there was nothing as it said on checkout offering us a membership. So we placed the order. It has been shipped.

Went to the Concierge web page which tells you very little and saw it said when calling to have your membership number. So I wrote them. They wrote back and said non members do not get the 2 year warranty. I wrote back and said where does it say that? They wrote back and directed me to their same site, nothing said there.

So now my friend will have no warranty bad or good as it may be in case he did have to send it back. This is BULL.

No where is it disclosed that this is the case and they should not even take non members this is a rip.

Now if we do get a membership its after the purchase and it will mean nothing. So I guess we have just been frauded as far as I am concerened but we will make sure that this gets to our Attorney General and every review site online if they do not get back to us before the computer gets here.

0cac3f0d, 2010-08-27, 11:39AM CDT

You said it Costco sucks. I can't believe how rude and technically deficient the reps are. Its like they have never even seen or used a computer before. I called them just the other night and got Costco agent Stephanie Garner badge id 801512 (I wrote it down once she started talking down to me). This girl should be fired for her breathtakingly scant technical knowledge and sheer rudeness. She simply would not let me talk! Kept interrupting saying, "no, your wrong". I can't believe they would hire such a person for a frontline tier one position. Perhaps she'll grow up and start listening to people one day, but I think they need to get rid of people like her right away. I know I will never shop at Costco again as a result.

9bb667a5, 2010-08-28, 04:16AM CDT

If costco concierge service sucks, dont use it. Figure out your issues with your products yourselves you stupid fucks.

b6caf8a4, 2010-08-29, 07:53PM CDT

I agree. Costco Conscierge service and 2nd year warranty sounds good, but all it really means is that you'll have a double set of less than helful people to talk to (Costco's and the manufacturers). Plan on hours.If something breaks they will insist on replacing it with a rebuilt substitute. They even tried to get me to format the entire hard drive just to get out of replacing a cheap cd drive (with a "remanufactured" part that probably cost $12). I refused and they finally did send the part reluctantly. Battery failure now. Rebuilt part instead of the $112 HP battery. A load of shipping nonsense where I have to ship mine back first. Gave up and bought the batt on ebay for $33 with free shipping. As a longtime executive member and a stockholder, I am shocked at Costco's lack of service after the sale. I actually wrote Coscto a nasty letter and they responded with a canned email that says they can't help with warranty work. "Contact Costco Concierge service".

5fe23f6d, 2010-09-14, 03:49PM CDT

Okay dont buy a product if you expect the retail store to suck your dick AFTER the return policy. saying things like "IM GONNA SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE" is hilarious because noone will do NEAR the things costco does after the return policy. Not to mention Costco has the longest return policy out of any retail store. UNDERSTAND YOUR WARRANTY BEFORE YOU PAY "BIG DOLLARS" FOR YOUR PRODUCT. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR OWN HEADACHE.

The return policy is 90 days, get that through your thick skulls.

Costco would not be in business if they accepted everybodies returns, (usually becuase people are too ingnorant to understand their product)

be realistic people, this is the real world, your retail store isnt the engineer of your products either, so stop blaiming them cuz you bought a shitty acer/gateway/dell oh and westinghouse/proscan on the TV end. retards.

186a0216, 2010-09-14, 03:52PM CDT

What you retards should realize is that this "concierge" service, is a FREE service. You are too mentally incompetent to open a manual, read instructions and figure things out for yourself, so Costco has hired an elite group of 'Hand Holders'. So until you can figure out that your TV isn't turning on because you dont have it plugged in, STFU. If you don't like the concierge service, use your own brain.

79d9a031, 2010-09-14, 04:25PM CDT

CCS does help troubleshooting and tries to deteermine wether the problem is fixable over the phone or needs service, if it needs service CCS would call the OEM's "2nd tier" support to expedite things for members( try calling front line and with luck theyll answer the next day ). Although very similar to any other store you get some little "perks" from CCS and costo.

Heres just a few;

??? You speak to some one in America.

??? The average persons' hold time waiting for a CCS rep is less than one minute.

??? The CCS troubleshooting service is UNLIMITED ( FREE ).

??? 2 year warranty on most electronics !!!

??? 90 day return policy vs 14 day on most other stores.

??? Average hold time from a 2nd tier OEM : less than 3 minutes.

??? CCS does most of the talking when dealing with OEM..

And those are just to name a few.

Regards,

AnalPhilosopher

b213e286, 2010-09-14, 04:33PM CDT

HAHAA I work for CCS 7 months now, the spanish queue :D its great! I do get overflow calls in english and one thing, PEOPLE if u need to call you are RETARDED! We are just tech support, a seperate department that works for Costco. But if you know, anywhere you go u only get 1 year warranty! Shiiit Costco so raw, we mirror that plus add another year on top of that! So why u complainin? Meaning if we can't fix your issue over the fone then its hardware related. Thats when you go talk to India, the SAME CRAP u will deal with if bought from ANY OTHER STORE! But i giv our co-workers props. Every day I atleast deal with 1 rich doosh bag that's so pissed at me like its MY FAULT their computer is ShiTTY and don't know how to use it! Retards (SMH). In the end, the rich doosh bag that 1st called sayin i jus bought a monitor from Costco and this piece of crap doesn't work, had both the VGA and HDMI cable hooked up. Doosh Bag: OOH OMG COSTCO UR AMAZING! ME: *MUTE* "Freakin Retards"...

Ill die if I had the english queue.

79d9a031, 2010-09-14, 04:37PM CDT

RETARDS!

ba9b6e89, 2010-09-14, 04:57PM CDT

HAHAA I work for CCS 7 months now, the spanish queue :D its great! I do get overflow calls in english and one thing, PEOPLE if u need to call your RETARDED! We are just tech support, a seperate department that works for Costco. But if you know, anywhere you go u only get 1 year warranty! Shiiit Costco so raw, we mirror that plus add another year on top of that! So why u complainin? Meaning if we can't fix your issue over the fone then its hardware related, SIMPLE. Thats when you go talk to India, the SAME CRAP u will deal with if bought from ANY OTHER STORE! But I give CCS co-workers props. Every day I atleast deal with 1 rich doosh bag that's so pissed at me like its MY FAULT his computer is ShiTTY and he don't know how to use it! Retards (SMH). In the end, the rich doosh bag that 1st called sayin "I jus bought a monitor from Costco today and this piece of crap doesn't work", had both the VGA and HDMI cable hooked up. Doosh Bag: "OOH OMG COSTCO YOUR AMAZING"! ME: *MUTE* "Freakin Retards"...

Ill die if I had the english queue.

2dacc6fe, 2010-09-30, 03:45PM CDT

Hmmm....Did you ever stop to think? Costco did not manufacture this product so why are they the ones to get the Wrath of you? Most Television manufacturer warranties are the first year. That means the first year it is the manufacturers problem with the exclusion of the first 90 days in which it can be exchanged. Costco steps up to the plate and gives you an additional year warranty and you are kicking them in the teeth for something free? WOW you should really bite your tongue chew it up and spit it out. You know they dont make the 90 day return rule the manufacturer does...SO! blame Costco all you want be cause you are the FOOL in the end. Only because you are loosely flapping your jaws without knowing the rules and guidelines of warranty repairs.

ff28a0c6, 2010-10-01, 12:41AM CDT

I work for Alorica which is the company Costco outsourced their Costco Concierge Services to. We have to do what Costco tells us and the policy is no replacements for any reason. We offer refurbished items or repair services. The policy also has to do with the manufacturer. Costco offers the best return policy. 90 days.

ab52b532, 2010-10-11, 01:05PM CDT

Thank you for making my secret shopper assessment much easier. Thanks to the operators of this web page we are able to obtain your information.

Hope you enjoy being unemployed in this economy. Oh, and do not worry you will be unable to collect unemployment compensation.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Secret Shopper!

84459ee2, 2010-10-13, 01:08AM CDT

I work for CCS. I am a different agent than the ones that have replied. You purchased goods from Costco. Great! When something breaks, you get all mad at Costco. They did NOT make the product. They just sell it. If you go to walmart and ask for support, all you get is funny looks. When you go to Costco you get the CCS. Costco Concierge Services are just that, concierge services. We get you in touch with the people you need to get in touch with. We point you in the right direction and hold your hand the entire way. You go to Walmart, will they teach you how to use your product? No. If you call me, I will. It sucks your tv went out, but SAMSUNG made it, not Costco. Your contract also usually are not with Costco, so before making blind accusations as such, would you please check? Remember, you call me. You yell at me, and insult me, and shrug it off with a smile because I can relate. When you guys trash the Concierge services please remember, we work with about 300 products. We handle thousands of calls every day. There are some bad agents, but there are plenty of ones like me that bend over backwards trying to fix your problems. So when you are cussing me out, and telling me I don't deserve to live, because you don't read the manual and your battery dies. Remember, I just get you where you need to go to help you, and I DO NOT WORK FOR COSTCO DIRECTLY! Please remember, most of us concierge really do care about you, and we do EVERYTHING we can to help you. If you are not satisfied, so be it, find someone who will do what I do, with no charge.

2257420a, 2010-10-15, 02:50PM CDT

Costco price---good. Manufacturer warranty 1 year---OK. Costco extends the manufacturer warranty 1 additional year for free---Great! It didn't cost you anything! You got a better price than other stores (or I'm sure you would have purchased it somewhere else to save the ten cents)and then you get a full year of coverage not offered by any other retailer. They pay for it with Amex and get another year on top of that FOR FREE! Why are you complaining about Costco? No other retailer offers this service! Free or otherwise!

I purchased a 47" Visio TV. In the first year there was a problem with the sound. Costco Concierge Service spent about 30 minutes with me on the phone to try and diagnose the problem. When they determined that it was a hardware issue, they connected me with Visio and the repair was made IN MY HOME. I didn't have to take the TV anywhere. They came to me. It took about 45 minutes to replace a circuit and off he went. My TV working fine.

Another year goes by and all of a sudden, my TV won't turn on. I call Costco Concierge and THE SAME THING!!! My Visio is 20 months old. They spend about 30 minutes having me try different steps to make it work, but it is determined that it is hardware. They get Visio on the line. Visio diagnoses what the problem is (over the phone by asking me questions) and determine which circuit in the TV is bad. They ship the circuit to a local service contractor. He calls me and schedules an appointment and then comes TO MY HOME and makes the repair. I was without my TV for about a week waiting for the parts to be delivered to the contractor.

My TV has had to be repaired twice in 2 years. I don't guess that speaks real well for VISIO, but I'm not complaining. (I had a Sylvania some years ago and the TV repairman new us by name!)

As other posts have stated, Costco only extends the manufacturers warranty, they do not do the repairs or manufacture the product or make the warranty policy. They only try to help you determine that you actually NEED to have the product repaired and don't just have it screwed up because you can't figure out how to use the remote! Then they actually get the manufacturer on the phone FOR YOU. You don't have to Google the manufacturer and try to find the customer service on your own.

THEY DO THIS AND STILL OFFER THE BEST PRICES FOR THE SAME PRODUCT OR IN MANY CASES, A HIGHER QUALITY PRODUCT.

What was it you were complaining about? I don't understand.

I am a happy Costco consumer and I happened upon your blog because I am going to buy a new laptop. I'm going to spend $1000 and I'm going to do it with my Amex at Costco.com. I was just looking to see what was posted about the Concierge Service. You have convinced me that the Concierge Service is a customer service and it is the Customer that is misguided. Two years and 364 days from now if my laptop fails...I'm calling Costco Concierge!

5e0cb8da, 2010-11-05, 05:17AM CDT

If only those individuals who complained would actually read the restrictions for the CCS. It is free tech support that is for current members that extends the MANUFACTURER warranty for 2 years. This information is available on the website and in the brochure available in warehouse.

If you purchased the same items from a competetor you would be required to pay for an extended warranty along with the membership fees.

332064a5, 2010-12-02, 11:47AM CST

I agree totally with this statement. I am a Costco customer in Canada currently dealing with extremely POOR CUSTOMER service from Costco's concierge service. I purchased a very expensive computer which crashed - I lost 1 year of business data.

I wanted a replacement - all that was offered by Michael - supervisor was a repair of the same low quality HP computer.

It has now been 3 weeks - no word on where the computer is.

Extremely poor service - the warranty is useless.

f1b6cc7f, 2010-12-10, 06:24PM CST

I will avoid Costco Concierge Service in the future.Bought A Samsung 61"DLP tv from Costco and it failed at under 100 viewing hours.After 7 inhouse service calls over 2 months,the tv was taken to the service centre in town.It has been there for over 2 months with nothing but empty promises and stories that are very hard to believe.The tv is 2 years old now with solid hardware problems,blanks out at 20 minutes and locks up.Tv is unusable at this point.I am told 3 weeks ago that the TV is unfixable due to lack of parts for lamp assembly.Parts are to be made available to customers much longer than 2 years after purchase.Called Samsung and there tech support find this hard to believe!I will be calling Samsung Parts dept Monday to varify this fact of no parts available.Was promised by manager at Concierge that I would be permitted to return tv to Costco for full refund this week.Called today and again delayed info until Monday.I have been very patient with Concierge.....6 months...worth of no TV......Does A customer deserve this kind of lousy service...6 weeks of being without your 2000 dollar tv is bad enough,but 6 months!!!!!Buy from reputable dealers with good reputations.I watch tv from A computer screen now at 23",man do I miss my 61" big screen.I think it may be being held against it's will.The absolutely horrible service at Costco Concierge is not worth the risk of buying there technical products.Consumers deserve better service these days.The Costco free extended warranty plan of two years is A very good selling feature.That is why I bought the TV there.If I knew how poor the service was going to be,I would have bought elsewhere.

4ef165e1, 2011-01-14, 11:46PM CST

To wimpy anonymous author who is the spanish CCS agent that starts his lame response with HAHAA.

Yeah, YOU are exactly the "RETARD" that WE customers are complaining about having to interact with at CCS. You can't spell, you have poor grammar, and you complain about people who may need help WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP THEM -- heck, that could have been my grandfather that you were whining your lazy DUMBa$$ about. Quit whining, help customers, be empathetic, and BE HONEST!

I look forward to COSTCO dropping their useless CCS like the lame duck it is, but I hope they fire you first.

All CCS does is make COSTCO look bad, instead of the crummy electronics manufacturers that we have today. Forget dealing with CCS if your item is under 90 days, just return it to the store.

68fedbcb, 2011-01-21, 01:20PM CST

I didn't expect to get a return/my money back/an exchange when I first called Costco Concierge...they were the ones who started this process...my projector would not turn on...they told me where to take it to get diagnosed/looked at...fine...sure thing... I called three weeks later to the shop...oh they don't make that part anymore? Well ok...no problem...called back Costco Concierge to see what they want to do...Were looking into it and will most likely get an authorization for a return...wow great...three months later and I'm still getting the run around! I am extremely unhappy with the time it's taking to get the ball rolling... At this point I would have been happier if Costco Concierge told me no in the first place. I've always been extremely polite when speaking with them on the phone...which is hard to do after so long...and I'm always the one initializing the phone calls and following up with the status of my projector... It's just frustrating. I know that the fact that my projector is broken is not Costco Concierge!s fault...but their extremely poor service and slow/no response time is. Also the fact that the projector is still covered by their warranty...Costcos warranty means that they should deal with this ASAP and leave their customers happy and spreading the word about the wonderful experience they had...instead of resorting to these types of message boards...Really? I believe that this is Costcos fault and responsibility...not the manufacturer who built the piece of shit in the first place...Costco shouldn't extend the warranty on such items in the first place. Better yet not even carry such items. Bottom line is...do not buy anything from Costco.ca...ever.

13345277, 2011-01-24, 04:30PM CST

I always buy my electronics through COSTCO...I have had to use the consierge service more than once & they have always been nice & very helpful. My tv was repaired at my house through a local co & it just took a few days. After the thrid time my lamp had to be replaced COSTCO worked with Panasonic & got me a new tv. I will never buy electronics anywhere else. I love COSTCO's service & warranty's.

d5be98b1, 2011-01-24, 11:42PM CST

Costco gets my $100 membership and my loyality. I spend on average $400 a month. I have Costco insurance, I bought my car via costco , I buy tires at Costco, I buy gas at Costco.

Beat that. Show me any other retailer who would have such a customer...

This said, Costco has to provide good customer servie and good return policy in order not to piss-off its customers and to continue to benifit from customer loyalty.

Otherwise customers will move on, and they are.

0a76c84f, 2011-01-24, 11:43PM CST

Costco gets my $100 membership and my loyality. I spend on average $300 a month. I have Costco insurance, I bought my car via costco , I buy tires at costco, I buy gas at Costco.

Beat that. Show me any other retailer who would have such a customer...

Otherwise customers will move on, and they are.

e661ec44, 2011-02-02, 02:07PM CST

I have a Samsung 3d tv that is being replaced by Samsung with a brand new tv. The first year of your warranty is through Samsung, the next one is through Costco.

52cd88b0, 2011-02-09, 09:06PM CST

I had been a loyal Costco customer since the business began. Always satisfied. However, this has all changed with my experience with a Panasonic TV that has stopped working while still under the 2 year warranty. At first, it was Panasonic that was and still is unresponsive. I have had no TV for 4 months. However, Costco, despite my numerous conversations, with its concierge service, has given me no assistance. This is it for my business with any electronic device from Costco.

Very disappointed and surprised to see how many people have experienced my disappointment.

f283f674, 2011-03-02, 11:36AM CST

I honestly love Costco Concierge Services. What you people are not understanding is there is a room somewhere in Florida where roughly 200 people sit and answer all the problems in the US for Costco. All of them...they are a company contracted by Costco to answer our questions. They are not Costco. They will never be Costco. They are a technical support. Their job is to answer questions, troubleshoot problems, and get in touch with the people responsible for your MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY! A manufacturer's warranty is not covered by a FREE technical support service. THEY ARE TECHNICAL SUPPORT! You whine that the Concierge Service sucks when you don't even know what their REAL job is. Read your warranty for your products before you buy them. Do some research for yourself. I have had every single problem and question fixed and answered by the Concierge Services. Maybe if your head wasn't so far up your butt that you only cared about yourself you would see that some of those people actually care about the customer. I'm not saying they all do that I will concede the point with...but if you're unhappy you should ASK FOR A MANAGER! ASK FOR A HIGHER MANAGER AFTER THAT! Don't blame the people who get barely any training and try so hard to please us. Just grow the hell up already.

7f2affa3, 2011-03-02, 11:38AM CST

6be00de1, 2011-04-13, 12:37PM CDT

Sorry for your experience, I just had a similar one except my TV was one and half years old. The sound intermittently would go off and I would have to turn the TV off and then turn back on. I called Vizio who put me through ringers and did nothing. I then called Costco manager and told her of my experience and was completely frustrated by the experience, she told me to bring it back and I received a full refund.

f09b5e30, 2011-04-14, 06:46PM CDT

I totally agree. I've been promised a working TV for going on two weeks and they even sent a repair service here. They took the TV off the wall, inserted a new HDMI board, and it still failed to work. Then took it to the service center, called me a short time later and said there is nothing wrong with the TV. I asked why they could not make it work at my home. They responded there is something wrong in your house, that'a all we can do for you.

I called Costco's so called "Concierge Service", and just get more run around. SONY and COSTCO are both written off my list of good companies. Next TV coming is a Panasonic...they work and have a great warranty, and service crew available. (Sony TV was only 1 year old 52 inch)<<-totally crappy TV repair and warranty from Sony and Costco.

f8bbf276, 2011-04-26, 10:05PM CDT

I AGREE THAT COSTCO'S CONCIERGE SERVICE NOW SUCKS IN AMERICA'S CURRENT SHITTY LOW -SIDE COMPLIANCE MODEL OF NEO-EXTREMIST CAPITALISM. THREE YEARS AGO (WHEN I OWNED A PREVIOUS HP LAPTOP), I RECIEVED VERY GOOD SERVICE FORM A KNOWLEDGEABLE PROFESSIONAL WHO REALLY KNEW HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT COMPUTER PROBLEMS; SHE WAS CLEARLY COMPETENT, CUSTOMER FRIENDLY, AND PROUD OF HER WORK.

NOW, COSTCO CONCIERGE USES LAZY-ASS,UNMOTIVATED PHONE REPS WHO DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR THE PRODUCTS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTING;(PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY MAKING MINIMUM WAGE, AND ARE GIVEN LITTLE, IF ANY, TRAINING AND TROUBLESHOOTING TOOLS). COSTCO NOW ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR GREEDY STOCKHOLDERS, JUST LIKE MANY OTHER SO-CALLED AMERICAN MEGA-CORPORATIONS AND THE FUCKING REPUBLICAN MAJORITY IN CONGRESS WHOSE GOAL IS TO WIDEN THE GAP BETWEEN THE PROFOUNDLY RICH, AND THE REST OF AMERICA WHO ACTUALLY WORKS HARD FOR A LIVING. SHAME ON THEM ALL!

fc4e9d7b, 2011-07-09, 02:56PM CDT

I agree completely - Concierge is a scam, and Costco does not give its 'Executive' members a 'Da**'. When I called the store manager he bullied me about the store policies and used the tone of the language appropriate only for a shop lifter!!! not an Executive member!!!

b377c1ed, 2011-08-15, 12:56AM CDT

I am a Costco Concierge service agent. The problem you were having was with the manufacturer, NOT Costco. If you purchased the TV from Best Buy or WalMart you would have had the same result from the manufacturer. Also, Costco extends the warranty to 2 YEARS at no additional cost. So keep this in mind, when you purchase the next TV from Best Buy and at 13 months it quits working, guess what, you are paying for repair or buying a new one. At Costco, you are still under warranty. Also, if you need help setting it up or just basic questions about the menus in the TV, Best Buy would would not help you, Walmart would not help you, but Costco will WITHOUT charging you anything.

12f06714, 2011-08-26, 04:56PM CDT

it would help if you read the instructions. Costco provides the second year warranty and free technical support throughout. There service is the only way to fly in my book.

4217e8f5, 2011-09-03, 04:22AM CDT

CCS is like any bussiness you get bad agents and you get good agents. If one is doing nothing but talking down to you, you ask to talk to a crm them talk to a tm(agents boss) and they listen to the call and if they were in fact mean they are fired... not reporting it does no good. i work for ccs and i know i have had people call in many times saying the last person they talked to didnt know much about computers. i fixed the problem in under 15 minutes. it happens all the good ones there know it and there is nothing we can do about it. there is 500 people working in one building of course there is going to be bad eggs. Calling in is like luck of the draw if you beleive one agent is lieing to you and wont send you to a supriviser then hang up and try again you might get someone better. and unless there is a horrible high call volume where there are a lot of people on hold the agent is suppossed to stay with you while talking to manufatuer. And isnt better to get help from someone in america than India. Trust me for my job i gotta call the indians a lot and its not easy to understand most of them. Im sorry for you bad experinces but thats life.

2fde1430, 2011-09-03, 04:25AM CDT

808d18e2, 2011-11-27, 10:36AM CST

In August of 2011, I applied for an American Express/Costco card.

My credit is excellent but the card was declined because I had a credit freeze on my credit account.

I removed the freeze, the card was issued on September 19, 2011; as of this date, November 7, 2011, I still do not have it.

I called A/E many times in an effort to get the status on my application; on more than one occasion, I had to try to communicate with their representative who spoke in such heavily accented English, that I could not understand what they were saying.

A/E told me that the card was mailed on October 20.

Finally I called Costco customer support for assistance; I talked to supervisor, Judy Koon who told me that the card was mailed on October 28 and that I should have it in about 10 days.

I called customer support about 8 days later, stayed on hold for more than 5 minutes. When the c/s employee answered, I told her I was having a problem getting an A/E card issued and wanted to talk to Ms. Koon.

Her response, "Are you calling American Express or Costco/"

In frustration, I raised my voice and said that I wanted to speak to a supervisor.

The employee said she couldn't help me and broke the connection.

Subsequently, Ms Koon called me and left word that the card was indeed mailed in Seattle on the 28th and I should have it by mid November. Mid November is 18 days from the date of mailing; she had previously told me I would receive it in 10 days.

On November 5, I went to the Costco store at the Mall of Georgia; the store was packed with shoppers as is the case on weekends.

When I presented my membership card at checkout, I was told that it had been cancelled and that I would have to go to the service desk to have it renewed.

I had to wait more than 20 minutes to be waited on, got the card renewed and had to go through checkout again.

I am now getting e-mails from A/E asking me to validate a card I have never received.

I am canceling my request for the A/E card.

Costco Cuss Service e-mailed me that it would look into the matter and get back to me ......... they never did.

I cancelled my membership. I believe that Costco has peaked as a good place to shop and is rapidly going down hill

A. Fragapane

54bc27cf, 2012-02-28, 05:56PM CST

You people who couldn't return a product to Costco after 6mo or less must be complete idiots!

There is a big sign at or near the return desk stating that you can return if dissatisfied! For any reason!

I have had no problem even without a recite! They just look up your purchase record smile and tell you to have a nice day.

It takes a real special person to screw up a "return it for any reason" warranty!

146e991a, 2012-03-07, 11:53AM CST

youre an idiot. thats how the warranty works. quick question for you, do you know a better place to buy electronics?? at least they have a concierge service. best buy, wal mart, sam's dont have any of that. think before u talk.

5a2217d0, 2012-03-13, 01:52AM CDT

You're an idiot. Your TV is used once you leave with it. Time is needed to repair it. A "refurbished" model is the same thing as your TV once it's repaired. It's not special just because YOU owned it. What did you expect, your choice of any new TV off the shelf once yours broke?

My god, some people are so ignorant of fair business practices; a company can't keep trading old products for new products or the prices would go through the roof for all of us. It's not up to them to entertain you while your TV is in the shop. That's your problem.

And you should have read about the concierge service. It has nothing to do with your local warehouse.

It makes me wonder if you're one of those cheap-ass Asians. You sure sound like one.

7548e0f6, 2012-03-17, 04:26PM CDT

Sorry for your problem. I just got off the phone with the Costco Concierge service after having a problem with my Dell computer. A very nice technician by the name of Susan fixed my problem in five minutes at no charge. Dell wanted $129.95 to "try" and fix it by remote access from India. I feel the The extended warranty is great freebie and based in the USA. Sometimes the attitude of the customer influences the results of the resolution

f15e1e35, 2012-04-10, 02:58PM CDT

I agree with you Costco sucks. They did the same thing to me and in return I cancelled my membership and will not spend a penny at costco anymore. Why should I pay a membership when I don't get respect or service?

I hope more people write reviews on large companies and their scams so these Corporations(people) get the point that when it comes to real power, no amount of money can buy the Real People Power

38d77c31, 2012-09-25, 03:10PM CDT

I am reading all of these comments and all of them have valid cases. Here is my opinion on the ?Mega warehouse?. No doubt Costco is a very successful business, despite any negative remarks about them. 55 million members and 88 billion dollars in anual sales say so. That being said, I used to be a member, but I could no longer tolerate going in there and only expecting to buy a few things and then leave a good portion of my paycheck every time. Costco is great for businesses that require bulk items, such as shcools, daycare centers, restaurants and so on. For the average household, I don?t understand how one can pay $20 (approximately) for 20,000 lbs of celery (obviously I?m just proving a point). People believe they are saving money, but I contend that they acutally lose a little because they end up throwing away alot of the bulk foods (especially fruits and vegetables) that they purchased for a supposed discount. Why don?t they see it? Also, how much time does the average member spend there? Even during off peak hours, expect to waste at least 2 hours of your day just shopping for basic commodities. This includes driving around to find a parking spot that usually ends up with you parking what seems like a million miles away, then to go through the entire store to get things you need and more things you don?t. Then there are the checkout lines, which are usually 10 carts of people long, again, even during off peak hours, then you have to find your own boxes to put your items in. Here?s what else I found out about Costco. Most members become members because of the ?Executive Membership? where they can earn 2% cashback on qualifying items. What most people fail to realize even though it is written in the membership agreement is that the max payout is only $750 dollars for the year. That?s only 62.50 a month but you would have to spend over 3k a month just to qualify for the 62.50 a month. Then they only pay you back once a year and you can only use the voucher at Costco. It?s not a check that you can deposit. If you were to spend more than the 3k per month, you still only cap out at the 750 per year. Great deal?? I don?t think so. Also, Even though they claim to be a wholesaler, they still sell at retail, just a lower percentage markup than most other stores. What this does is ?shaft? the middlemen that want to display their items for Costco to sell because Costco will talk them down to mere pennies on the dollar for the privilege of displaying that item at Costco. Not really good for business, but it seems to work for them. I am not anti-Costco, however it is something that just doesn?t work for me since I opened my eyes and not my wallet. What I did find is that there are companies out there that provide better customer service, cash back incentives, and better quality products that offer better savings based on a cost per use basis. I consider myself to be a ?smart shopper? so I went on a mission to find a retailer that would put the ?Cost? back into Costco. In other words, I found a store that could give me what I needed at reasonalble prices with better quality and much better cash back incentives, as much as 35%. I could not only buy toothpaste (a single tube as opposed to a 3 or 4 pack) but mouthwash, laundry soap, bath soap, tp, and papertowels to name a few that were better quality, and a better value for the money and they paid me to do it. I was introduced to this website, http://www.gear.wwdb.biz and found that I could shop online from the comfort of my own home, even in my underwear if I wanted to, and have everything delivered to my front door, and again, they paid me to do it, just for becoming a member which is more than 50% less than Costco?s Executive Membership. I am not an advocate of the website I shop at, but if it helps anyone save more money, than I hope this helps. Another thing that this membership provides, is access to hundreds of other stores that offer special deals for members of this site I just introduced. Sears, BestBuy, K-mart, T-Mobile, At&T, Sprint, Petco, Sports

Authority, Dick?s Sporting Goods, Dell Computer and many, many other top name, high profile stores. You get better than employee pricing on most of these places and others offer cashback incentives as well. This by far, in my humble opinion, beats Costco everytime on quality, customer service, and again the cashback incentives are nice as well. I am merely a single parent of 2 beautiful children that just wants to be able to put more of my hard earned money back in the bank or to clothe my kids, rather than making a giant Warehouse and it?s shareholders any more money. I found the way to do just that. For those of you who share my same sentiment, I encourage you to check out the website and call or email the information given for further details. Until the next post.

Manny R., 2012-10-19, 09:35PM CDT

Phoenix Ax - CRAPCO Manager Brian Butler

Bought a Vizio 42 inch TV 6 years ago at Cotsco. No problems. Still works moved to a bedroom. 10 months ago I bought a 60 inch Sharp LED QUATRON TV. A few days before the the 90 days expired, no TV Picture, took TV of wall mount and carry all the way back to the store. Got it replace, mount back on the wall and wired it all up, again. Not even 6 months later same thing happens. Is not the power surge or the outlet. I am an Electrical Engineer, graduate from Iowa State. Called the Concierge services and they give me the number to call Sharp. After several attempts got somoene on line. They can schedule someone 2 weeks away and the technician might not have all the parts to get the TV repaired so I might have to wait longer the Sharp representative mentions. I am not waiting two weeks. I am not waiting two weeks. Took the TV off the wall mount and drove to store. Explained to clerk, he gets the manager Brian Butler. Explained to the manager again. He suggest that I bring the TV the next day and speak with another manager. Then he suggest that if he gets an email from concierge services he will replace the TV. I stand there and called concierge services again...on hold forever...Explained again what is going on, the represenative tells me that is not a policy to send email to managers and in his own words he tells me that the manager is trying to brush me off. I called the manager again Butler and mentioned what I was told from Concierge Services, he admits that he is trying to brush me off. RUDE!!! RUDE !!! RUDE!!! and nothing else. I have been polite. By this time I am about to lose my patience and ask for a manager from Concierge services. OH MY GOD!!! wait even longer get the same treatment. Nothing they can do at all. I started screaming at the poor guy on the phone and the manager comes back and threatens to get me arrested for trasspassing property. I fail to mention that my neighbor and friend is a Federal Judge. I bought the TV because I liked his and he bought his a few days before I did at the same store. He had the same problem and failed a few days before mine also. But his was replaced after the 90 days at the same COSTCO!...I am frustrated and the only thing I can think on doing is pay 9 bucks a months to open a website with a webhost provider so this does not happens to other people. I am not lawyer but have the means to pursue this further. Will see if this manager of COSTCO will treat the people that pays their salaries better. Oh by the way I also bought their 3 extra years warranty. I thought my contract was with costco!...I will find better services elsewhere.

9efe6e7f, 2012-12-04, 09:16AM CST

CUSTOMER NO SERVICE IS A FACT. BEEN WITH OUT MY 46" TELEVISION SINCE SEPT 25. AFTER MANY PROMISES AND EXCUSES STILL NO TV REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT ON DEC 4TH STILL GETTING THE RUN AROUND. THIS IS MY 12TH CALL, STILL NO RESOLUTION. PROMISED ON DEC 3 REFUND AT LOCAL WAREHOUSE, NOW ON DEC 4TH TOLD ANOTHER 48 HOURS AS WAREHOUSE STORE NUMBER HAS CHANGED. BELIEVE ME DO NOT PURCHASE ELECTRONICS FRO COSTCO /// 12/5/2012

38d77c31, 2012-12-05, 12:34PM CST

Looking at the above posts I still don't understand what the "big" deal is about Costco and why so many people shop there. How would someone in their right mind pay for a membership just for the privilege to shop there. Maybe someone can explain. You have to wait in line for hours to check out, then you get crappy service on top of that. Are we all that masoquistic that we just take it for the privilege of shopping at a store for an item that costs a few dollars less than most other places? Is it really worth it? I would much rather pay a premium or a few dollars more for the same item somewhere else where I don't have to be a member and get much better service and a better return policy. Stores like Sears and Best Buy pride themselves on customer service and if an item they sold has an issue, they will send someone out with a replacement immediately. So for people who think they are getting a great deal, stop and think for a moment. What's my time worth? What's my gas worth? Is it beneficial for me to buy something for 20-30 dollars less at Costco where their customer service stinks and I have to drive a few miles wasting as much money in gas just to shop there? Really people, we are all adults and are intelligent human beings but are being led by the majority of Costco members who don't mind giving up most of their paychecks to a store that gives absolutely NOTHING back to their customers. So, again, why do it? Find another place to shop where you are not treated rudely and you get what you want and at very competitive prices. Online shopping is so much better because you can shop without having to leave your house. Sure you may have to wait a couple of days to get your item, but not always. You can order something online from the places mentioned above and pick it up in the store within a couple of hours. I would rather have it delivered. Here is a website that although has many links, if you take the time to navigate through it, you will find great deals and the partner stores are phenomenal. www.gear.wwdb.biz is where I do most of my shopping and they also offer a membership where they actually pay you to shop. If I spent 600 dollars a month at Costco, I would only get back $12/month in the form of a Costco voucher which is only paid out once a year. That same money at the website I listed above, I get back $18 dollars in a live check that can be deposited into any bank account, and I don't have to wait in line to do it. That's a no brainer to me. Not to mention if you have any questions, there is an 800 number that you can call 24/7 and they'll get back to you asap with the best customer service I've ever seen. And if you have an issue with the item, whatever it is, they'll take it back, no questions asked, and no run-around. That's where I'll be spending my money. Anyway, I hope this post helps. There is light at the end of the dark and dismal Costco tunnel, and that light is called GEAR Enterprises. Check it out and see for yourself. Until the next post.

Vicki C., 2012-12-27, 05:57PM CST

I had a problem with my hard drive on my laptop. They ran me in circles so much that I finally just replaced the hard drive myself at my own cost. Don't trust them. They act like they are trying to work with you, but keep making you do the same things over and over and never actually fix anything when you send it in. I will never count on a warranty from Costco again!!!!

732f6481, 2013-01-04, 11:55AM CST

I just had a 1.5 year-old HP laptop develop an early warning of HDD failure. I contacted the Costco Concierge, and this has a very happy ending. It took the Costco lady a while to plug in all the info such as model and SN in preparation to contact HP. Her system was cranky, not matching up model with SN, but she found a workaround and we got the HP tech on the phone. He guided me through checking and re-seating the HDD connector (which didn't help), then programmed a replacement HDD (and recovery discs) to be sent to us. The computer is kiddo's for college, so there are not a ton of big files to back up. We will backup everything we can onto my desktop via a flashdrive. After installing the new HDD, we will have to reload MS Student Essentials software, then just all the stuff we backed up. If we have problems we can't overcome, we'll take it to our local computer shop and have them clone the old drive and install on the new HDD. That would cost a $65 shop fee, but that's not too bad. If we're lucky, it won't be necessary. We will have to ship back the old HDD to HP. Elapsed time on the phone was about 45 minutes. I hope this description helps others. Both people were very professional and competent.

d208bcc5, 2013-02-14, 04:48PM CST

I have had unsatisfactory service from Acer Repair in Texas who your service connected me to for repair on a computer. The complete unit (Tower, Monitor, and keyboard were purchased new in March 10, 2011. The tower went out and needed repair. Acer told me to ship them both the tower and monitor via FedX, which I did. Your assigned Case No. 4225029, the item-emachine EL1352-10U, 20"DT. The Sales No. 558849. My ID-111765033799. They gave me conflicting information concerning the Tower and Monitor. First, they told me the Monitor was out of warranty and needed 199 dollars to repair. I sent back a message that the monitor was purchased as a unit with the tower and they sure wanted a lot of money to fix it. Then, they told me that the Monitor was in warranty but that the 199 was to repair the Tower which was out of warranty. This struck me as a scam, I told them to send the things back to me repaired or unrepaired, which they did. I don't expect anything from this, but just wanted you to know about the SCAM. There may be an explanation, and a honest mistake, but until I know differently, I will never buy another Emachine or Acer product again. Richard Whitehead.

e3ab35fb, 2013-02-17, 10:54AM CST

Do most of you complainers ever sit down and read what your warranty is? Depending on the product it could be parts and labor, or just parts in the REPAIR of the device. It covers only part failure due to defect not user error. only if the maker of the device deems it un-repairable do they replace it with a Refurbished, re-certified (please don't confuse the two) or a new device.

Tech support like Costco concierge is a free technical support for Costco members, they are NOT Costco. they are a 3 party contracted company. Since they are not really Costco, they do not have the power to replace your broken devices that is another department all together who makes that decision. (don't ask to return your product they can not authorize it)

"Get troubleshooting assistance, Obtain warranty information and assistance"

"Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions, Projectors & Computers* to

2 years from the date of purchase."

in other words they mirror the warranty (repair) of the original warranty. they understand that its not an easy dealing with the manufacturers, some times its not the TV/or computer that is the cause of the problem, it can be a user error or a problem with a setting that needs to be changed or a software update. I don't expect anyone to read this. but if they do have a nice day

80d604a8, 2013-03-15, 01:45AM CDT

I'm sorry that some of you have had terrible experience's with CCS. I was an agent there for about 7 months and it was, for me at least, one of the easiest job's I've ever had. Also, it felt nice to help someone out with a legitimate problem, HDD failure, no boot, no power, things like that. I rarely got calls with angry members on the line and even if they were angry when they got on the phone(or they had multiple escalations, when someone talks to a manager, in their case)I explained the facts, gave them there options, used empathy, and if they were willing to accept my assistance, I gladly helped them. The thing is, people don't understand that the employee's receive a very small amount of training. When I started it was a week and a half of in class training, which was mostly about how to operate "Helix" the system we use to log calls and other programs in CCS's intranet, and a week and a half of "Tank." Tank is where you take your first call and generally get into the groove of the job. When they get off a call they are instantly thrown to the front of the line so, if you call in and there's a tank at the time you may have an agent who has been working there for about 2 weeks. That can be the reason for some bad experience's that people have had. Another reason some people may have bad experience's is because CCS hires just about anyone who applies. When they call you in for an interview, you go to the office, take a test which really only determines if you have any short term memory, and another test which determines your technical knowledge of PC's or TV's, depending on what they are going to hire you as. I was hired as a PC agent, passed the memory test and the technical test. In fact I only missed 2 out of 50 on the technical test. According to one of the employee's I spoke to on the day of hire, nobody ever gets that high of a score on that test or at least none of the other people they brought in that day. Training consists mainly of watching powerpoint presentations about CCS's policy's and how to operate the systems, such as Helix and Witness. I speak for just about every other employee there when I say that powerpoints are INCREDIBLY BORING. My attention feigned more than once during the week and a half of training. But, I was able to learn by doing once I got in tank. That's the same way I learned my technical knowledge about PC's. With that being said, I can only assume that they bring in 20-30 people in for interviews, they all take the tests, and CCS picks who did the best on the 2 tests. So, if they brought in X amount of people but they all scored horribly on the technical knowledge test but some of them did fairly well on the memory test. CCS will hire the potential employees who did well on the memory test and hope that their small amount of training time will help them before they get into tank. From my point of view, they'll hire just about anyone. The minority of the people who worked there needed the job and out of necessity became very good agents. The majority of people that work there have the job because CCS was the first to call them when they were hunting for a job. This majority are lazy, uneducated, don't care about member's problem's, and do what's called "Call Avoidance." Call avoidance is basically where you do things to "avoid" a call. There are buttons on the phone they use that can re-queue the agent using the phone and "release" or disconnect from a call. These are things that can cause an employee to be fired. But since there are 200+ agents, it's difficult to catch someone doing that unless you see them doing it. While I was employed with CCS, I interacted with some of my co-workers and they openly admitted to smoking weed. That's not that bad though. Not compared to one of the "service dispatch agents" who was drunk just about everyday he came into work. I could easily deduce that a large amount of my co-workers did much harder drugs than weed. I can recall a young girl I worked maybe 18 or 19, when I first started she was a cute, curvy, little blonde girl. About 3 months in, I noticed that she had started developing very heavy bags under her eyes, she was losing weight and by the state of her hair, she wasn't showering on a daily basis. 6 months in, all those observations became more and more obvious to someone who is not as observant or doesn't actually notice such subtleties. Long story short, when you call CCS be aware, you may get someone like me, a intelligent thoughtful individual with an amazing vocabulary, if I do say so myself, who is not on drugs and will more than likely be able to solve you problem or problem's over the phone. Or you may get someone who doesn't know what they are doing and are potentially on drugs. Not trying to slander CCS in anyway but these are my observations based on very clear signs of drug use of my co-workers. Now, on to the members.....

I have no problem helping someone with a legitimate technical issue with a computer, like I stated above. You can compare these issues to taking your car in to be looked at. I was a mechanic and I fixed customer's vehicles with a smile on my face. I also don't mind helping someone who just needs information on a product, our service, our warranty, things like that aren't bad either. But, when people call in to get information on how to use a product they've had for months or even years, that's when things get frustrating. Back the mechanic comparison, when I was a mechanic I never once had a customer come up to me and ask me things that I was asked on a regular basis at CCS. No car owner ever asked me how to turn on their car, shut off their car, or ask where the gas goes. While working at CCS I was asked at least once a day, "How do I turn my computer off?", "Where's the power button?", "What do you mean I need to plug it in, I though it was wireless?" Now, I understand that not everyone out there is not very tech savvy, I get that, but I figured that things I mentioned above were common sense things. "Where's the power button?" The member who asks that bought the computer, didn't set the computer up for themselves, whoever did set it up, turned the computer on and I can only assume that the member never turned it off. Same goes for, "How do I turn my computer off?" I can only assume that they purchased their computer some amount of time ago, 3 days or 2 years, and never shut it off since. Generally the last question about the "wireless electricity" is about printers that can connect to a network wirelessly or notebooks that can do the same. I'm sorry if offended anyone who has called CCS and asked those questions. There's another thing that irks me about Costco members, they feel that they're entitled to something because they're an "Executive Member." News flash, EVERY SINGLE COSTCO MEMBER IS AN EXECUTIVE MEMBER. CCS is a free technical support service and a warranty advocate on the member's behalf, not a service that can in anyway send you a replacement computer, authorize a return or refund a purchase. We do not have that intimate of a link with Costco. We don't have inventory reports of the warehouses or Costco.com. I believe member's think we can do these things because of our title. "Costco" implies that we work directly for Costco. The company that I worked for has a contract with Costco to do this concierge service. "Concierge" reminds me of a hotel's concierge which can basically give you information on everything about the hotel and direct to events and activities in the are of the hotel that will make your stay more enjoyable. CCS concierge agents cannot give you every bit of information on Costco, like I stated above, we are in no way employees of Costco so CCS agents cannot be labeled "Concierge." If you look concierge up in the dictionary the definition in no way applies to what we do. Service is really the only word in the title that makes any sense. CCS receives on average about 4000 calls a day so we do at least attempt to provide a service to almost 4000 people a day. Fun fact, CCS was closed on New Years 2013, I can only assume member's tried to call that day and discovered that we were closed. So, they probably said, "Well that's fine, I'll call tomorrow." On top of that, the members that planned on calling the day after New Years, the normal amount of people also called CCS that day. If I remember correctly, CCS received roughly 5900 calls. 45 agents also called out that day. So, even if CCS was supposed to have 200 people on the phones that day, only 155 showed up. The average call per agent that day was 38. Average was 38, potentially some agents could of received upwards of 100 calls that day. That's a lot of work for an 8 hour work day, especially when you're only getting paid $10 an hour, your 45 minute lunch was cut to 30 minutes, the desk your sitting at might give you a disease like MRSA which 8 people contracted while I was working there, the chair your sitting smells like someone who hasn't showered in a week or wiped his/her ass in a month has been sweating in that chair for a decade, the computer you're using was built in 2003, the managers don't care about you or any problems you may be having mentally or physically, they just want you to show up, sit in the smelly chair and take calls. They really don't even care if you resolve issues or not. The only thing they care about is "Service Level." Service level is the amount of calls received compared to the amount of people who were on hold. For example, 100 people call in, 5 were placed on hold, service level is 95%. That is all they care about. The reason they care about service level so much right now is because Costco and CCS have a deal, CCS keeps service level above 85%, Costco keeps paying them money. Since September of 2012, CCS has not made the 85% service level 5 out of the 6 months. From the rumors at CCS that I heard when I was still working there, Costco is seriously considering either dropping the company that has the contract with Costco or relocating CCS to another branch of the contracted company. Basically, the people running that place are the ones to blame, if you're going to bash anyone, don't bash the single mother with 3 kids making 10 dollars an hour or the 20 year old kid trying to work his through college. Talk to a manager, don't call a CCS agent the pimple on the ass of humanity. They deserve better than that.

Concerning the free everything, when you buy a PC at Costco, the PC will come with either a 1-year manufacturer's warranty or 2-year manufacturer's warranty. If the PC has the 2-year OEM(manufacturer) warranty, Costco doesn't extend the warranty on that at all. If it's only the 1-year OEM warranty, Costco extends it 2 years from the date of purchase and mirrors the OEM warranty. If you buy the PC with an AMEX card that increases the warranty, regardless if it was a 1-year OEM or 2-year OEM warranty, for an extra year from the date of purchase. Really, if I was a Costco member and had $1500 to drop on a computer I'm only going to use for TurboTax, Facebook, and emails, then I would definitely purchase it with an AMEX card. That literally takes no thought to realize how much of a deal that is. Everything I mentioned above is free besides the $1500 computer of course. I doubt people realize that everything we do for them is free even though CCS's brochure and website say FREE!!! in big red letters, member's think that their membership fee's go to paying for our service, which is not true at all. The whole reason CCS was started was because Costco was losing money because member's were returning electronics that could of easily been fixed by someone with a little technical knowledge. In the first month of CCS existing, they saved Costco 1 million dollars. That was in 2006 and CCS did not have the call volume that they do now. When CCS was first formed, it was the norm to sit 30 minutes in between a call. Now, CCS agents are lucky to get 2 or 3 minutes between calls. To any member's still reading this, CCS is a stressful job and very mentally draining. Next time you call them, take into consideration what you've read here. Those agents you call stupid fuckheads are just trying to make a living and be comfortable, monetarily speaking. When we try to use empathy helping you with your issue, have a little empathy for us. 10 dollars an hour is the industry low. No other tech support call center gets paid that little, as far as I know and only concerning America. Thank you for reading and I hope you take what I've typed here today into consideration if you call us. Thank you for calling Costco Concierge Services and I hope you have a very nice day!

80d604a8, 2013-03-15, 01:48AM CDT

43fd11fb, 2013-07-06, 07:38PM CDT

This is by far the most fun I have had reading comments before in my life.. Thanks for the laughs

ead4e733, 2013-12-11, 07:39PM CST

I had a 40 inch Samsung TV go out under warranty. I contacted Costco Concierge and had the great privilege of working with Quentin. After taking a great deal of time to ensure me that the problem would be corrected and that he would track things all the way until I was satisfied, I first resigned myself to a typical customer service runaround ? BUT NOT SO! I could not be more pleased with Quentin?s professionalism and communication prowess. He called to update me every couple of days. He worked to replace an unresponsive Samsung repair company who was under performing. HE KEPT HIS WORD AND IN SO DOING, HIS ACTIONS, NOT HIS WORDS, ASSURED ME THAT HE WAS IN THIS WITH ME. Upon obtaining a new repair company, I was immediately contacted by USSI in Melbourne, Fl. My experience with USSI and its Jacksonville technical representative, Earl, was exceptional. USSI knew the whereabouts of parts, the technician was on-time, knowledgeable and friendly. He fixed the problem and the TV is as good as new. As a retired senior exec for a service industry myself, I am very attuned to the aspects of customer service and the challenges of companies Costco and USSI encounter. In meeting both my needs and expectations, the Costco/Samsung/USSI team definitely set very high standards that others will be hard-pressed to follow. Thank you to all of you!

6168f229, 2014-02-07, 11:08AM CST

The TV that we bought from Costco went out 12-30-2013, exactly 2 years from the date we bought it (12-30-2011). My husband call on 12-31-2013 to their CONCIERGE service. The beginning of our calls to and from Concierge service. They finally called and wanted pictures of the TV's screen when it was on. I sent about 5 pictures via email. Finally on Jan 17, 2014 a nice young man came out with the repair box to fix the TV. Company supplying the parts, sent the wrong part for my TV. This young man thought that it was the screen, not the parts. Jan. 20 2014 another 2 men came out with the "right" parts, and put them in. Still didn't work, and they felt that it was the screen. They said that someone would be calling us. We have receive a number of calls, and finally one telling us that they would be sending us a new one, and a box to return the old one. It is now Feb. 2, 2014 and we still don't have a TV. I am not sure where to put the blame, but I am not happy with the SLOW service that we have gotten. This was a PHILIPS TV, that was put on our American Express card. My feelings all of this should have been taken care in a timely fashion, which it definitely not this case.

This TV was on about 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. It was never abused, and still had the plastic on the base.

After 38 days, the reconditoned TV arrived. I probably should leave it on for 24 /7 for the 90 day warranty. The Costco Concierge Services must have called us at least 20 times. The last call on Feb. 6th, the girl said that she'd call when she got the tracking number. An hour later the TV was delivered.

103feac7, 2014-05-24, 10:51PM CDT

Costco conchierge service is Costco answer to only offering a 30 day warranty on their computers. All they do is contact Hewlett Packard, for example, and listen. They do not interject unless you do not have a case number, and then all they do is say it. I think they actually put down the phone while you are talking and do other things because I had to say, are you even there a couple of times for them to answer. I had a computer for 35 days and after my computer did an update all of my programs were gone, my Desktop only had a Trash Bin, could not do a system restore or start in any of the F Key functions. So, OK HP offered to fix, sent me a box, sent it back and they had to put in a new mother board. Get computer and it is not even close to being factory standard. Plus it has scratches all over the shiny black part and silver top. Thought, well this sucks, but still said after what I just went through if it even works that would be better than what I had. Install all my programs once again and as I am trying to fix things like clicking on show formats and the screen goes black and monitor (little square icon), black and monitor. The only way I could stop was to turn off manually. Called again and they sent another box and returned it within 9 days and the only thing they fixed according to the paperwork was the chassis (Guess that was the scratches). HP had told me if this happened a third time they would replace. Well guess what, I though maybe rebooting would help and when I did computer said do you want to update and restart. I clicked on that option. When the computer came back once again it did like the first time - all my programs were gone, only the trash bin on Desktop and same message windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop location is not available. So I call again only hours after receiving my computer and explained everything again from the beginning. Matthew calls HP to have me talk again, but he said he was going to try and get a replacement as I had gone through enough. HP had just closed 12 minutes earlier. He promised to call me the next day by 8am Pacific Time, since he was on Eastern Standard time. I waited for 3 1/2 hours and nothing. So I called and they give me a supervisor who called HP and only listened, never interjected. The HP guy said he was not authorized to replace it, he could not offer technical support because the problem could not be fixed. He then asked me what else can he do for me? I am perplexed. He kept repeating the same thing and Costco concierge did nothing. Today I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on HP, and am probably going to file one against Costco as well. I paid $1,121.48 for a computer I got to use for slightly more than a month and spent so much of my time on it if I had a gun I would just shoot it. So that is why Costco Concierge is just a front for NO MORE WARRANTY on your products. PS I have been a customer for almost 25 years, and as Costco Concierge pointed out when they asked which case number, there is only 1 and this is it. But they robbed me of my time, my money and quite frankly my sanity in dealing with this, which is quite frankly mind boggling. I will find some avenue to register a complaint against Costco and get them to understand the contract they pay for Concierge service is a waste of money because as customers get this kind of service, they will go to Sam's Club the next few towns over. Our family and extended family may also cancel our membership. This makes no sense at all. PS I will not be keeping this issue private!

e3ab35fb, 2014-05-25, 12:22AM CDT

Next make sure the CCS agent understands your issue, by giving them the entire story, and error message. If you don't think the agent is doing his/her job correctly, please feel free to do the troubleshooting yourself. Next time check with Microsoft. There is many topics there that people like you have problems with and they ask the people who program the software. CCS is tech support, troubleshooters. They only know so much and can only do so much.

103feac7, 2014-05-25, 02:12AM CDT

I cannot get in a folder (windows explorer) - this is GONE, cannot do a system restore, cannot restart without holding the restart button manually because that is not on my desktop, and if I could get into a folder (through my Trash Bin) it says I am not the administrator. My computer has already been sent back to HP twice and they could not figure it out and the technician the third time said the problem cannot be fixed. I am curious if you actually read my comments. I had found that link myself before sending my computer back the first time. My son is an aerospace engineer from UCLA and he said this computer if "fried".

e3ab35fb, 2014-05-25, 07:50AM CDT

If HP said they would replace you device on the next break down, yes they should replace it. If the call was put through with CCS on the line, it should have been recorded in both and audio file and a written file. If the CCS manager you were on line with did not talk to HP manager about this the if a failed repair on 3 accounts and that the the last HP agent responsible for handling your case told both CCS and you that the computer would be replaced, the next option you can use is take your CCS case number to your local Costco speak to the store manager and tell him/her that you feel your case is not being handled properly. They WILL call CCS and get to the bottom of this and you Will get a new computer. I am sorry I did miss read you last post. I sincerely apologize.

8cc1a50c, 2014-07-16, 10:52PM CDT

I bought a Samsung tablet at Costco. I never used a tablet nor I -pad. So I needed some basic help in getting started. I called Costco's Tech Support. That is a total joke !! I spoke to 3 different technicians and each of them knew very little about a tablet. They could hardly help me to get started with it. One of them suggested I go to U Tube to find a tutorial. They were all very nice & courteous, but knew very little. I'm returning the tablet, tomorrow.

e3ab35fb, 2014-07-17, 01:05AM CDT

samsung has virtual walk throughs for all mobile devices. if you selected any option other then computers the agent would not know how to help. if you did get a pc agent and they did not know the tablet, either they are new, or you were not making yourself clear. So instead of learning to use the tablet yourself you would rather take it back? Next time just don't buy it if you don't want to learn to use it. CCS are human they make mistakes. In your case they didn't take the time to look up the Samsung virtual walkthrough, on Samsung.com website and hold your hand. :(

Laura S., 2014-12-02, 08:48PM CST

I am thrilled with Costco's Concierge Service. My TV had a weird, unclear picture and after 10 minutes the tech had me clear as a bell. I think most of you should have an issue with the BRAND of TV you purchased, not Costco. Allen in Florida, THANK YOU for 'resetting' me!!! I'm going to take the remote away from the grandkids, too!! Thank you, Laura Smith in California