Macy's - Macy's Cuisinart Rebate

Product: Cuisinart Coffee Maker

Company: Macy's

Location: kenwood towne center
cincinnati, oh, US

On 12/04/09, I purchased a Cuisinart Coffee Maker from Macy's. The Original Price of the coffee maker was $79.99 with a sale price of $44.99. I had a "friends and family" coupon for 10% making the total $40.49. The sales person helping me make my selection told me there was a $10 rebate on this item and gave me the rebate form which I mailed on 12/21. The rebate form said to allow 8 - 10 weeks so on 2/19, I called to check the rebate status. They told me to call back if I had not received it by the 2nd week in march. I called back on 3/1 and they told me to call back on Friday the 12th. On 3/12, I called back and they told me to call again in 2 more weeks. This would make it 12 wees since sending the rebate. Not sure if Macy's gave bad information or the Cuisinart rebate is a fraud but I've already used up more than $10 of my time with this issue. I asked for the original barcode to be returned to me so I could return item as have not yet used it. They will not return. Not so sure I will purchase Cuisinart items in future or even shop Macy's again as I feel this is a fraud. There are too many retailers to choose from and too many manufacturers to allow this...even though only $10.