AARP - How double debit caused $175.00 overdraft fee

Company: AARP

Location: 601 E Street, NW
Washington, DC, 20049, US

URL: http://www.aarp.org/

How AARP caused my checking Account to be overdrawn and their refusal to acknowledge their mistake.

As a Veteran that depends on my Disability and my VA Pension, AARP will not respond only stonewall. Plus they will not refund any money that is owed immediately.

But as I was told it will take to billing cycles = to 60 days to refund $32.00. Nor refund the overdraft fees ($175.00) that was created by their error. Do business with AARP at your own risk.

Per my conversations with: Customer Service Rep (Alisa), Spvr. (Patty Kidd) and Jennifer Dishman on 06-08-2010. Please see the attached Bank Statement regarding the Unauthorized Debit of $16.00 from my Checking Account for the AARP membership. Your company (AARP) took an additional ($16.00) for the membership and this caused my account to be severely overdrawn in the amount (211.52). I am a Disabled Veteran living on a fixed monthly income, my Wife is unemployed and this is our only source of income. This mistake was AARP and not mines, but none of the above referenced employees from AARP was willing to admit only that they could see the additional amount of ($16.00) totally $32.00 that was taken. Instead they tried to say it was my mistake and I would receive my requested refund in 2 billing cycles per (Patty Kidd). I was told to send this fax to you so I and this matter can be resolve. Because this is AARP MISTAKE and not mine. Im requesting that upon the receipt of this FAX that, (1) AARP Cancel the membership. (2) Refund my entire ($32.00). (3) Refund the ($175.00) Overdraft Charges. (4) Provide me with an E-Mail or Fax stating that I did not authorize AARP to debit the extra $16.00 which caused my account to be overdrawn. Thank You for your immediate attention to this Unauthorized Debit.

Per Danielle Davis in the CEO office she advised all she could do was verify the fax number and it will be 3 days to expect a reply to my fax.

THIS IS HOW AARP TREATS PEOPLE. AARP IS ONLY INTERESTED IN MONEY AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE WHEN AARP MAKES A MISTAKE.

BERNARD L EDWARDS SR.