DISH Network - Unethical Business Practices

Posted on Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 at 5:31pm CDT by 2ff46dde

Product: DISH Satellite Network

Company: DISH Network

I encourage everyone to reconsider if you plan to do business with DISH Network Satellite Services. DISH Network offered us a 30-day trial with no cancellation fee. We were told that it would be $120 to cancel after that point. We were told that it was a one year contract.

At the end of 30 days we decided to cancel their service because almost daily we had to contact their technical support to get the satellite signal back on line. When we contacted DISH to cancel the service, we were told that we were on a two year contract that started the day that the equipment was installed and that we would owe them $17.50 per month for the next 23 months. In addition, they had already charged us a $50 installation fee that wasnt mentioned.

DISH is a less than honest company, and their customer service is very poor. We should have been suspect when we were transferred through five different people to initially start their service. Most times that we call, we deal with at least two different people. DISH has several 800 numbers as well as some 424 area code numbers that they rotate, so one week a number may work and the next its disconnected. The Indian people are very polite, but very hard to understand.

We have not yet settled the final costs, but we will probably wind up paying approximately $400 out-of-pocket for one month of basically non-functional satellite TV from DISH. So much for a 30-day trial with no cancellation fee.

I encourage everyone to stay away from this company, but if you do decide to go with them, be very careful to read the contract completely before you sign. Also be sure to document all conversations and get names of the representatives that you deal with. Good luck.

2deab754, 2010-06-08, 06:34PM CDT

It's very true that happen to me too.....please Dishnetwork handles very fishy business, thei poor personnel from customer services, has to deal witha all the complaints and there is no Executive from the "Real Corporation" to assume any responsibilities and to make decisions. U have to talk at least to 4 people for nothing. Even a Supervisor told me that he needs to get in touch with "SOME OTHER" DIVISION to see "If they can help me" get out of the contract because of their poor technical services and bad customer services, liers, cheaterssss... Stay away from Dish.....they drop their prices but is not worthy any penny U may think U'll save, they will squeeze no matter how a way to steal your money.

008a25c3, 2010-12-23, 01:17PM CST

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. While we do not have a grace period for valid contracts, I would be happy to assist you with this to determine if anything can be done. Have you been able to get this resolved yet? If not, please email your account number to me at [email protected] and I can look into this for you.

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-13, 01:49PM CST

I apologize that you were having trouble your service. We make every effort to get a technician out to you as quickly as possible. Since it may take 1-3 days for a technician to be available to come out we look at other methods to assist you over the phone through trouble shooting or online on our website. Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel. If you are having reoccurring issues that have not been resolved after several attempts, than at that point we could look at removing your contract. If you are still having a technical issue please let us know we would love to help you.

Alicia Brink