Sears Auto Center - ROAD HAZARD COVERAGE IS A SCAM

Company: Sears Auto Center

Location: 2200 W.Florida Ave
Hemet, CA, 92545, US

URL: http://Sears.com/

In April 2008 I purchased 4 tires with installation and Road Hazard Coverage. They were 65,000 mile Bridgestone Weatherforce P22560T16. They cost $85.99 ea and Road Hazard cost $8.60 ea.

The mileage on the vehicle was 22,421 mi. Yesterday June 24, 2010 I encountered unknown object while traveling which in turn punctured my rear passenger tire. When I went to Sears to see about a repair I was informed that I could purchase a new Tire at a prorated cost of aproximately $87.00 Dollars as the tire which was damaged was not repairable. At this point I am not sure what road hazard coverage is good for except to gouge the consumers mind or piece thereof. These tires only have 17,000 miles of wear on them. The reprehensiblity of finagling their way out of honoring the coverage which I duly purchased actually does not surprise me but it sure does tick me off. In the meantime I have no spare tire.( One more little piece of mind)

7f163e41, 2010-09-09, 03:41PM CDT

Thanks for the information. I just like to purchase tires for my car. I shoped around for the price and confused about ROAD HAZARD COVERAGE from Sears. Of couse I will NOT to buy this "COVERAGE".

Thanks again.