Financial Solutions Consumer Center - Financial Solutions Consumer Center took my money and refused to refund it

Posted on Thursday, June 24th, 2010 at 2:18pm CDT by b0120103

Company: Financial Solutions Consumer Center

Location: 2216 El Camino Real #202
Oceanside, CA, 92054, US

URL: http://www.fscc1.com/

I signed up for Financial Solutions Consumer Center's (FSCC) program to help me get out of debt. Apparently I was hiring an attorney to settle the debts, but at NO POINT did I ever have contact with an attorney. I was told that if I had a problem, I instead would have to talk to customer service reps -- who did nothing for me. The whole thing seemed pretty shady.

After a short period of time, I decided to cancel their services, as I felt it was a scam. They did nothing to help convince me otherwise that they would actually settle my debts - nor could I find any information online that they actually got ANYONE out of debt. Therefore I canceled their services after paying an initial $700 at that point. Silly me to even sign up.

Upon asking for a refund of this money, since no services were rendered, I was denied a refund. Actually, I called and wrote letters over and over and over again, and each time no one would respond to me. I even went so far as to hire my own attorney to get my money back, and Financial Solutions Consumer Center (FSCC) refused to even talk to MY attorney! If that's not a scam and a rip off, I don't know what is!

I did some investigation, and according to this website http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/creditors-information/financial-solutions.html, two of the executives of the company are convicted felons. I'm not surprised.

So here's what I've learned: RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I can only imagine how many people they have been victimized and ripped off before and after me. They claim to have an "A" rating with the BBB, but something tells me it is a phony BBB. They claim to have helped THOUSANDS of people get out of debt. Then why has nothing positive been written about them by ANYONE on the entire Internet?!! Surely THOUSANDS of people would've raved about this company if they were so great... or realistically even 10 people??

Hopefully this company will get shut down by the authorities. I am out a lot of money, but hopefully you'll learn from my mistake. The moral of the story is not to do business with Financial Solutions Consumer Center.

02c1df7d, 2010-07-06, 07:38AM CDT

Unfortunately, you give no specific details of your particular situation, and frankly you sound like a disgruntled employee. When I became a client I had a chance to call the attorney in my state from Financial Solutions Consumer Center in my state one of the hardest hit by the mortgage crisis and job loss, and he was a real live bankruptcy attorney. Maybe your individual situation was different but what you are saying doesnt add up. Attorneys are expensive and he said he presided over the debt program and would step in if the road to bankruptcy was imminent but said that debt settlement is legal and in this day quite common. Perhaps your rep did not explain this to you, and that I see is where Financial Solutions may have needed to be more clearer on that point-- a number of people work on a debt settlement program not Bill Smith Esquire...

Also, this is NOT a quick fix. I have personally know 3 people who have been in debt settlement programs. One in particular was told to go this route (and he is in law enforcement, go figure) because he and his family were trying to buy a house and unfortunately he had a very high debt amount. His realtor suggested doing a debt settlement program because bankruptcy was NOT an option for this person as he is in law enforcement/military, and frankly, Bankruptcy to him signified failure as a provider to his family. AND a bankruptcy stays on your CREDIT REPORT for a long time. This was 6 years ago. He finished his debt settlement in 4 years and got the house eventually, I think less than a year ago. I question your complaint because it makes YOU sound like you were expecting a QUICK FIX and you arent telling us anything original. Anyone who is contemplating doing debt settlment must understand its not for everyone but when done right it does work. And as a matter of fact, I was just invited to my friend's poolside BBQ the other day, in the home that he wouldn't have able to obtain a mortgage for, without GETTING RID OF HIS DEBT.

8dcc3414, 2010-11-02, 07:26PM CDT

It looks like this company is smart enough to even have people post on consumer complaint blogs to make it seem like they are a good business. I can tell you that the company has changed it's name MULTIPLE times on the Better Business website. They were Financial Solutions Legal Center and then Financial Solutions Processing Center and now they are Financial Solutions Consumer Center.

I have reported them to the FBI. Hopefully we will read about these scum int he newspapers soon!! Stay away from them!