Best Buy - False Promises on pre-orders for the iPhone

Posted on Thursday, June 24th, 2010 at 10:51am CDT by aaba5862

Product: iPhone 4 32 GB

Company: Best Buy

Location: 12989 Park Plaza Dr.
Cerritos, CA, 90703, US

URL: http://www.bestbuy.com/

They were offering pre-orders for the iphone 4. I had called before going to the store to confirm they were taking pre-orders for launch day. They said yes. I went into the store to pre-order the phone, and again confirmed that this gaurantees a phone on launch day. A few days later, after learning that both AT&T and Apple are no longer accepting orders for launch day, I called Best Buy to confirm if everything with my order is still on schedule, and that's when they bring to light that they are no longer taking pre-orders and cannot fulfill all pre-orders for those who came in on June 15. They should have notified us as soon as possible. We could have requested a refund on our deposit or looked for another store that were still taking pre-orders. They have been consistenly unorganized. Each time I call I hear something different. This was an awful experience, and I do not recommend anyone to pre-order anything from Best Buy unless they are the first 10 people in line. They do not make good on their word, and they will not make you aware of any problems unless you push them for answers.