Ana's Adventures.com - Web Designer Deanna Wooton

Posted on Saturday, June 19th, 2010 at 1:16am CDT by Nikki H.

Product: www.annas-adventures.com

Company: Ana's Adventures.com

Location: [email protected]
Tokyo, JP

URL: http://www.annas-adventures.com/

On June 8th I found www.annas-adventures.com while looking for a web designer in Tokyo. I have a really good friend from there so I knew that there were really great graphic designers there. When I found this young lady's site I was very impressed with her work. So I contacted her for a quote.

After listening to my needs she quoted me a price of $300, but stated that I would need to pay 1/3 of the price upfront for her to begin. Once I made payment she sent me a contract. In the contract she made it very clear that if for whatever reason she would issue a full refund if any issues arose.

Unaware that my boss had already contracted someone else to do the work the very next day after paying Deanna Wooten I receive and email from my boss with design ideas he had someone else do. We submitted the designs and they were ultimately approved, hence we no longer needed Deanna to do any work. On June 9th I sent Deanna an email and explained to her what happen and apologized for the trouble. I assured her that we would definitely be in need of her services in the near future and to not worry. For 2 days I received no response from her.

Since she didn't respond, I decided to start the dispute process. Immediately after filing the dispute( as expected) now she responds to me emails. She replied that "I went to issue you the refund, but since you filed a dispute PayPal has blocked my account." I'm now told my PayPal this is the biggest scam in the book. Scammers always try to get you to cancel your dispute, because they know once you cancel it you lose your rights to claim your money.

So like a fool, I cancelled the complaint. After I did so, she still insisted that her account was on hold and all her funds were pending. She told me she would email PayPal to see what was going on. I told her that I would call PayPal myself to see what was going on. And now she said she would call. At first it was email, now she said she would call. Two days go by and I still never heard anything back from her.

I contacted PayPal, was told that she had not emailed them or called. They said that there was absolutely nothing wrong on her account that would keep her from issuing a refund. After telling them what was going on they RE-OPENED my claim which is something they don't normally do, but they did so, because they saw that she had requested to withdraw the funds from her account. The agent hoped we would catch it on time to keep her from getting the money.

At this time we still believed in this lady, so the PayPal agent said she would email Deanna to see if she would like PayPal to issue the refund on her behalf since she was claiming to be totally confused about her account. Deanna refused to acknowledge any of PayPal's emails, but claimed that she never received any emails. Yet, every email that was sent regarding the dispute was sent to me so I know she got them.

Then she told me there was a message on her account and her funds would be released on the 17th. When the 17th came, there was still no refund. She even emailed me claiming that her account shows that I was paid. When I received no refund I called PayPal to try to figure out what she was talking about, because she was acting like a complete idiot. It was then that PayPal told me that she had withdrawn the funds from the account and it was finalized on the 17th.

So basically she set this entire scam up from the very beginning and toyed with me until the money cleared her account. Once the money cleared the account she deleted all of her bank information from her PayPal account.

If that wasn't bad enough she emailed me the same night she pulled this scam saying for me to send her a "buy now" button and she would pay me with her credit card. She's still insisting that PayPal is causing her problems and she was going to use her credit card to pay me. Now that I'm thinking about, I'm sure she was using a stolen credit card, because when I posted this complaint on another website she claimed that her credit card "does not allow her to use it online." We're in 2010. What credit on earth will not let someone make an online purchase? Not to mention she never even mentioned to me anything about this. I had no idea why she didn't pay me when I sent her the buy now button considering she was the one that emailed me asking for it. She just disappeared like she's been doing this entire time.

Now she's trying to make it seem like I was being impatient with her and it's all a misunderstanding. I mean, the more I think about it, I don't even think this girl is in Japan. I think she is probably one of those Nigerian scammers or something. I never lost my cool with her until she didn't pay me via the buy now button, so there is no way she can say I was "impatient." I was "impatient" by filing the dispute, when she withdrew the money. If she knew I wanted my money back, why did she initiate a withdrawal?

25d45ecb, 2010-06-19, 04:38AM CDT

I love the way this woman continues to think I'm a scammer.. Still as of yet she refuses to check any references I have on my website. Also she is making up far fetched lies by saying I'm a scammer..and is assuming I've done all of these things to her intentionally.. I also mentioned to this woman that paypal honestly never sent me a message to issue her the refund... I personally contacted paypal several times myself to ask them to issue a refund and I was told that I had pending balances on my account which left me with not enough funds to give her a refund.

My bank account has been removed from paypal for months due to the fact that I am over seas and since I make most of my purchases with my paypal account I could not afford to keep my bank account linked to my paypal since I had run into issues in the past where my account had funds withdrawn repeatedly and I had a lot of money out of my bank account for sometime... Although I now no longer live in the US I cannot go through such trouble again with my bank and use it only for emergencies and to pay my rent and also set my card to have pretty high security on it.

Yes funds were removed from my account on May 17th.. which I explained to her that some company withdrew money from my paypal account and that I needed to resolve it because it was an unauthorized withdrawl. Still I did my best to try and giver her a refund yet my card would not work because I have a block on my card which does not allow me to make internet purchases. I only just contacted my bank today and it would take up to 48hrs to remove that setting off my card.

This woman is horribly delusional. She only heard paypal say that "Oh only scammers ask people to remove disputes".. that is 100% untrue. I also was not aware that paypal does not allow people to reopen disputes... Also it only took me 1 day to respond to her after she asked for a refund.. When I responded to her I did not see the dispute open on my account because I checked her mail first and only saw her ask for that refund...I responded to that message first then I opened my paypal account and saw there was a dispute.. I kept trying to find a button to issue a refund and couldn't find it.. I asked her to remove the dispute which she kindly did. Immediately after I tried issuing a refund again yet my paypal account had multiple pending balances including hers. Which was not there the last time I checked my account. I kept sending paypal emails and only got generic responses from their automated system which gives directions on how to refund.. yet none of the directions worked.. I told her this and told her to re-open the dispute with in the same day.. she didn't do what I asked... yet waited days to do so. I didn't respond for a while to her because I thought she was being patient enough to wait till the pending balances were completed.

She then responds to me cursing and calling me a scammer when she was the one who refused to do that I asked about issuing the dispute again.

I still intend on giving this woman a refund but reluctantly because she has been nothing but terrible to me and sent me terrible emails cursing at me calling me horrible names.. accusing me of being a terrible person when I never intentionally did anything she said.

I do hope to resolve her issue soon so that she can then see I am not a scammer. It is just unfortunate for me that I had to deal with such a person at such a bad time.

I have dozens of clients who have no problems with me at all here in Japan. I work closely with each of them and go above and beyond for them and they do so for me. I also enjoy building personal relationships with them which is why I enjoy working here so much.

I hope to never run into someone like her again.. I'm happy working locally with my clients here in Japan and right now I have many happy customers...

I dont steal from people and I never have... and I never will.. I believe in karma.

25d45ecb, 2010-07-17, 01:07AM CDT

This person is an exaggerating liar and has received her refund with in 2 weeks of deciding to cancel the project with me. Which in my opinion is a reasonable amount of time to receive a refund. She was the worst person I ever had to deal with and I warn other designers about her rude, harsh, and intolerable behavior. Still as of yet I have not gotten an apology from this person although I continually apologized about the delay in her refund.