Royal Holiday - Royal Holiday Scam you have rights!

Posted on Friday, June 18th, 2010 at 8:55am CDT by 641b8d0a

Product: Vacation Club Membership

Company: Royal Holiday

Location: PMB. #281, 5727 NW 7th Street,
Miami, Fl, 33126-3105, US

URL: http://www.royal-holiday.com/

We made the purchase of a vacation club membership with Royal Holiday on May 31, 2010 while on vacation in Cancun. We had agreed with the sales director, Ernesto Barberi to exchange 1 of our paid in full timeshare properties in addition to a cash deposit for a paid in full membership package. Later that evening while reading through the membership packet, we realized numerous discrepancies and outright lies between what was presented and what was contained within the language of the packet. We therefore decided that night to exercise our legal right to cancel the membership and receive a full refund. We exercised that right the very next day, June 1, 2010 and met with Mr. Barberi, who claimed that he was unable to process the cancellation at the sales office and gave us instructions of what he needed to do to obtain cancellation and refund authorization. Needles to say, Mr. Barberi has failed to respond to any phone calls, emails or letter since that date.

We have sent registered letters to all adresses in the contract, email notifications, faxes and phone calls on a daily basis and all within the legal time frame allowed, all without results. All our attempts to obtain a cancellation and refund within the allowed 5 business days been roadblocked by the company. Each and every person we contact via email or phone claims that they are either unaware of the process to provide a cancellation/refund or they are not authorized to do so. Also, they are unwilling to provide a name or contact number of any person who knows how to process a cancellation / refund or is authorized to do so.. Ironically, although not authorized to process a cancellation, each representative is authorized to offer upgrades and downgrades galore.

After conducting an internet search, I was amazed to find literally hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints of fraud on behalf of the Royal Holiday representatives. I also found an extremely shocking number of cases of victims attempting to cancel within the legal timeframe as is their right by Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Act all to no avail as the company refuses to abide by the law.

Know You Rights

Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law

The contract will be perfected within five working days from the delivery of, or the company/signature of the contract, which ever occurs the latest. During this period, the consumer will have the right to revoke his consent without any responsibility. The revocation will have to be by means of warning or delivery of notice, in person, by registered mail, or another method of average reliability. The revocation according to this Article, will terminate the contract. In this case, the costs of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the consumer. If the contract is for services, this article will not be applicable if the date of receipt of the service is less than ten working days from the date of the order of purchase.

ARTICLE 32 OF the Federal Consumer Protection Law

The information or publicity relative to goods or services that spread by any means or forms, will have to be truthful, verifiable and clear of texts, dialogues, sounds, images and other descriptions that induce or can induce error or confusion, by its inaccuracy.

Immediate Cancellation Procedure

To protect your right to cancel within 5 days of signing your contract you must immediately send notification of your intent to cancel and exercise your rights under ARTICLE 56 OF Ley Federal de Proteccin al Consumidor.

You need to send your cancellation by a means that you can easily prove that you complied with Article 56. It is best to send a certified letter to all Mexican Addresses contained within the agreement and to follow up via email and fax. You should also copy yourself, and PROFECO (the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Agency at: [email protected] ) on your email. If your email system allows, you should request delivery confirmation and a return receipt. Do this even if you make the cancellation in person.

Also, it is best to forward copies of all correspondence to the Mexican Embassy in your home town or better yet, show up with documentation in hand. They will assist you with a PROFECO claim.

As an added measure of insurance, forward all correspondence to the Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC, the US Consulate in Mexico, and the Mexican Board of Tourism.

Contact Your Credit card company immediately to stop payment and issue an dispute. Provide copies of all written, emailed, faxed correspondence in addition to a copye Article 56

If you feel you were defrauded at a timeshare or vacation package sale in Mexico, you can fight back for a full refund.http://www.mescam.com/index.htm

Check out the following for more assistance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1W2HVGnNls 20/20 Royal Holiday Timeshare Investigation

15dc34b0, 2011-01-21, 12:01PM CST

Welcome to the Club of Victims of Royal Holiday Club at Cancun.. The same thing happenned to us over 10 years ago and, I beleive, Mr Barberi was there - an American man - helping them cheating US Citizes. Now just enjoy your membership by making the best of it.

496ab2c0, 2011-11-18, 06:36PM CST

Royal Holiday is good at their scam.They ask for a credit card and drivers license for ID purposes. They had my wife sign a paper that she thought gave them permission to check our credit.We found out later it was a credit card reciept.They make you late for your boat or plane, and then plead: Just sign these documents in case you do decide to buy. You have to sign because you simply don't want the expense to return if you decide to buy.Its over then. After returning to the boat,you realize you've been scammed and find the credit card reciept. Most credit card companies send money right then. You can't stop payment. Its to late,the scam is done.They already have a signed contract and you look to have made a down payment.Of couse you read inthe fine print of this new legible contract,all disputes are to be handled in Mexico.

Gino P., 2013-06-08, 11:42AM CDT

Royal Holiday Scam at Wyndham Nassau Resort in New Providence Is Ruining Our Finances!

I was scammed--deceived, defrauded and duped--at the Wyndham Nassau Resort in New Providence, Nassau, in March 2011. I want to express my extreme frustration with Royal Holiday Club's predatory sales practices. Since I was hoodwinked into signing a contract with this unethical company, I have been obliged to pay $220 per month and an annual fee in excess of $1,000. In exchange I have received NO net benefits--I would have saved thousands and thousands of dollars by making travel arrangements myself for the one resort trip I did manage to work out with Royal Holiday Club. Including the inittial credit card payment of $15,000, over the past two years I have been obliged to pay them a total of $20,300.

I would like help in taking steps to cancel my contract with Royal Holiday Club. The huge amounts of money I've wasted in payments is a secondary concern, but I would like to recover any of it I can.

My wife and I were taken in by a deceptive high-pressure sale at the Wyndham in Nassau in March 2011. Having second thoughts soon thereafter, we attempted to cancel the contract prior to the closing of the five-day window in which cancellations were permitted by law, but a sales representative persuaded us to remain on the timeshare plan with the offer of extra points and travel vouchers--which disappeared completely by the time we needed them. Those hundreds of additional points turned out to be nothing, nothing but empty promises. Of course none of these promises were given in written form: they were only so much talk.

Two years after signing I finally managed to get a booking that coincided somewhat with my travel plans. This after numerous phone calls to attempt to get bookings we could use, and after making costly payments to Royal Holiday and receiving evasive explanations from company representatives on the phone. Indeed, my wife and I have spent hours and hours on the phone listening to company representatives give long and convoluted "explanations" of policies. At our last call on May 17, 2013, we sought an explanation of the system by which we could know how many points we needed to transfer to affiliate RCI to get a desired accommodation, but no one could or would explain how. Agents sent our call and query to other departments, whose representatives subjected us to other long and complicated run-arounds. And it turned out that the point transfer and combination of weeks, which I had to do blindly without knowing how many points were needed for my desired accommodation, would cost an additional $260, and the points I had transferred would expire if I didn't use them over the next three months. That, and the extremely long holds on which they put us while we waited on the phone to be served, made the whole process of getting the plan an excruciating ordeal. After we obtained our booking, RCI told us that other substantial charges will likely be added at the resort destination.

The ugly truth is this: The surcharges for transfers and combinations, the monthly deductions from my credit card, and the huge yearly fee are seriously damaging my future prospects for financial security. And the yearly fee is steadily going up, no matter what I say or do in protest. All told, the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life is to sign on with this predatory unscrupulous company. There have been NO net benefits coming from Royal Holiday and affiliate RCI, to which I was told to send my "transfer powers." I would have saved thousands by making bookings on my own. I"m sick and tired of this consumer fraud of global proportions, and I'm mortified to know that the governments of Arizona, Florida, Mexico, the Bahamas and the United States are doing nothing to eliminate this blight on the vacation-travel industry--even after the airing of the 20/20 expos? of Royal Holiday in 2008.

Regrettably, a Wyndham representative emailed a response to my complaint to tell me that Royal Holiday was not a Wyndham affiliate, but instead was leasing an office at their resort. Shame on Wyndham, I say, for hosting and thus enabling such a massive fraud to operate for years on their premises.

Please help us find a way to escape the contract or tell us about any class action suit we can join so we can close down this rapacious and scurrilous "club," to which I sadly and contractually must continue to belong despite my urgent need to break away. Is there anything I can do? In the meantime I will spread the alarm in every available forum about the Royal Holiday Vacation Scam.

Thanking you for any help you can give.

Gino P., 2013-06-18, 01:01PM CDT

Please delete and remove my complaint against Royal Holiday Club

Royal Holiday Club and I have ended our relationship in a positive and fully satisfactory manner. Please delete and remove my complaint and any of my postings with information related to Royal Holiday Club. Thank you.

With best regards,

Gino Philip Eno (Gino P.)