Sprint PCS - Sprint wants me to pay for their mistakes

Company: Sprint PCS

Location: P.O. Box 660075
Dallas, TX, 75266-0075, US

URL: http://www.sprint.com/

I had a Samsung Moment that I purchased at a corporate store. Several months later it stopped holding its charge. I went to a repair store not knowing it was actually an independent repair store and was told it could not be fixed. They exchanged the phone instead of having a new one mailed to be because it was unsafe for me to be without a phone for days. Within 30 days the new phone malfunctioned and its start and end call buttons did not work properly. I called Sprint and was told that they would not exchange the phone because it was from an independent store instead of their corporate store. I tried to explain that I couldn't return it to the store it had come from because they had exchanged it as a favor to Sprints corporate office and weren't going to take it back. The person on the phone started yelling at me. I asked if I could cancel my service and send the phone back to sprint in exchange for having my termination fee waived. An accounts rep got on the phone and yelled at me. I was nearly in tears and got off the phone. I later spoke to a rep who told me I could call Samsung and have them replace my phone under manufacturer warranty. When I spoke to Samsung they said I had to send my phone away for three weeks and that if the phone was irreparable then the warranty was voided. I am a Mayo Clinic patient and a young disabled veteran and can't be without my phone. My only option was to find a new phone carrier. It was a huge issue to change service and to go through all of this. I also had to pay connection fees at T-Mobile and pay part of the cost of a new phone all because of Sprint's bad service. I later spoke to Jeff Fortner in Sprint's Executive and Regulatory Services to ask that my $160 early termination fee be waived and was informed that this was not a possibility. He says that they told me to take it to a sprint repair store but refuses to provide me with copies of the notes from my own account documenting that saying they are proprietary information.

28568bd2, 2011-02-11, 01:50PM CST

sprint sold me a used phone for a new phone i returned the phone and they are going to send my money back by mail i have never heard of this. no one should purchase any more items from sprint i know i will never never that is bad business for any company and this is a big company.