PCTV Systems and Pinnacle Systems - PCTV To Go HD Wireless- Crappy Product, ZERO Support

Posted on Monday, June 14th, 2010 at 7:18pm CDT by 126accde

Product: PCTV To Go HD Wireless

Company: PCTV Systems and Pinnacle Systems

Location: Mountain View, Ca, 94043, US

URL: http://www.pctvsystems.com and www.pinnaclesys.com/

Where to begin...

I purchased a product called PCTV To Go HD Wireless (it is similar to a Slingbox, in that it streams from my home television to my computer). The power source on the product is completely shot, so it will not turn on (now I have an expensive paperweight). I contacted Avid Pinnacle for support on the product (the company who made the device). This is the e-mail I received back:

"Thank you for contacting Avid Pinnacle Support.

As of May 1st, 2009, support for Pinnacle TV Tuner products will be provided by PCTV Systems. PCTV Systems purchased the TV Tuner product line from Avid Pinnacle and they are now handling all sales and support for these products.

Below is information on how to access support for your TV Tuner products:

Regards,

Francis

Avid Pinnacle Support "

Okay, so I then PCTV Systems as instructed, and here is what I received back from them:

"thank you for your request, but the specified product is not part of our product line.

Please contact the Pinnacle Support under

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gren

Thomas Adewuyi

PCTV Systems Support Team"

So they sent me right back to where I started. No one wants to take responsibility for their shitty product. I then contacted both PCTV Systems and Avid Pinnacle explaining the situation, and have yet to receive word from either (both of whom I contacted over a week ago).

The only things those companies seem to be good at are ignoring customers, placing blame on others, and creating a crappy product.

Please stay away from these products, and go for another brand such as Sony or Slingbox.