Dish Network

Posted on Saturday, June 12th, 2010 at 8:01pm CDT by 3a96bfce

Product: Dish Network

Company: Dish Network

Location: Chantilly, Va, 20152, US

I have paid for two receivers from Dish Network. One of them has not been working for a long time. They could not fix it over the phone and they insist that I have to pay a fee if they send a technician to fix it. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. If I can not enjoy the service I have paid for, I should not be charged for a fee for fixing it.

008a25c3, 2010-12-23, 01:03PM CST

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. Our Service Plan works the same way as most other insurance policies do. By paying a $6 monthly premium, DISH Network will cover the cost of a technician visit, minus a $15 co-pay. This covers the cost of parts, as well as labor. During the visit, a specially trained technician will examine your entire installation to ensure that every component is working the way it should be. We also back our work with a 60 day warranty, making any additional technician visits required during that time 100% free of charge. What other companies may do is automatically incorporate a fee similar to our Service Plan into customers' monthly rate. We allow our customers the option to have it included.

Hope that helps!

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-01, 01:57PM CST

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I understand your frustration. When you have equipment leased through us it is still under warranty and we cover the cost to replace the equipment if needed. If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed. If you need a replacement receiver sent to you we do not charge for the replacement equipment if you have the service plan. Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost. Our service plan is like no other company out there. We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan. Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue. Our goal is to provide customers satisfaction.