Iolo - iolo: System Mechanic 9: Iolo Customer service

Company: Iolo

Location: 7470 North Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90041
LA, US

URL: http://iolo.com/

Talk about stealing right out of your pocket. You pay, and dont get any download, all the extensions are bogus!!! and the customer service people! Dont bother calling! They are CLUELESS, but it would make sense, This product is BOGUS!! Cost me more than I want to admit.

I am going to school for computers, my computer is 6 months old and the tech said it was running slow. This comp is JUICE LIGHTNING!! PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!

13b50a2e, 2010-06-19, 11:16AM CDT

Iolo system mechanic is HORRIBLE!!! it actually slows the system down and CONSTANTLY performs "fixes" even if you have had NO activity on your computer. I paid the $60 for tech support to help fix the problems and they spent most of their time PRESSURING me OVER AND OVER AGAIN to participate in the $300 per year subscription for remote tech support and system cleaning. I repeatedly told them that I would not invest $300 until I was sure the $60 fix would actually help (which it did not.. my computer runs the same or worse than it did before they "helped me") I REPEATEDLY instructed them that I would be using my EMPLOYER'S DEBIT CARD and could not authorize a charge without his approval. They did not yield to this in understanding but rather continued to encourage me to make the charge anyway. I do not know if this was willful encouragement to commit fraud or merely a HUGE communication issue due to 2 individuals with 2 distinctly different accents trying to communicate with each other over a technically complicated topic.

I have uninstalled the program and my computer starts up fast at the windows start-up again... and despite ALL the problems the mechanic CONSTANTLY found on my computer that would bring my computer's performance to a cripplingly slow pace ... SHOCKINGLY the computer seems to be managing just fine without the worthless Mechanic 9 program slowing everything down.

as an aside.. an interesting frustration with Mechanic I found is that if you enable "Active scanning" your computer will take about 20 minutes to completely defrag almost every time you re-start your computer (even if it claims the computer is only 10% fragmented)

don't waste your time or energy with this ATROCITY of a product. I am going to do some independent research to see if there are similar programs that perform better and has customer service and tech support that actually SPEAK and UNDERSTAND english.

Why would ANYBODY in this world practice customer service like this? If someone from India had a tech support problem, would he want to talk to customer support or tech support from America or from Ireland where they would have trouble communicating PROPERLY to the company or PROPERLY UNDERSTANDING the company's communications with them? ... so why do americans CONSTANTLY have to struggle with this?!

I have wonderful friends who are from India, and THEY AGREE that they would never ask for my help or try to help me with something technical and complicated where there could be a lapse in proper communication that would not facilitate a proper resolution. That is simply putting profits over practicality. MORONIC

a3398b51, 2011-03-08, 09:54AM CST

iolo.com

Kevin S., 2013-07-29, 07:42PM CDT

iolo (system mechanic pro ) is the worst company I have ever did business with the customer support team Pnneet and ThomasD ignore you when you have a problem I have been dealing with this same problem for eight mounts they suck and so does the company. ALL STAY CLEAR OR THIS COMPANY WILL SEND MORE COMPLANTS