Raceway - rude people who work in raceway gas station

Posted on Monday, July 5th, 2010 at 3:16pm CDT by 16147c16

Product: gasoline

Company: Raceway

Location: 4201 w. mercury blvd hampton, va
US

I stopped at a raceway gas station on mercury blvd in Hampton. I usually get my gas at the raceway on armistead. As I went to put in my credit card there was a faded sign that stated no credit or debit. I went into the store and gave the clerk $40 and said pump 1 please. As I was leaving she yelled, what pump? again I said pump 1. I went to the car, put the hose in the tank and tried to pump the gas. nothing. I went back inside and asked them to put on pump 1. The woman who was going in and out of English and an Asian language told me 'pump broken'. I said if it is broken please put a sign on it. Then she started giving me a hard time, took my money, threw it at me and told me she wouldn't sell me gas and to go somewhere else. I told her no. I was going to get gas. I also told her perhaps in her country she could give lip to a customer and yell at them, but not here. She started yelling at me saying what country? what country? I told her I was going to get gas and I would move to pump 3. Then all of a sudden she said pump 1 was working. Her and another younger woman, who spoke better English were rude. I was angry and demanded the name of the owner, their telephone number. The older woman refused and said at first she was the owner, then she said she was the manager and then she said she just worked there. I told them, including the young Indian Asian boy who was stuffing his face with candy the entire time I was standing there I was not done with them, and walked out.

I have never been treated so rudely in any gas station in my life as I was in this gas station. I will be sure to tell everyone about the incident . - and if there is a way to find a corporate office, I will, along with posting this on every complaint site I can find.

Nice P., 2012-12-04, 08:54AM CST

I was told by the Indian guy in Raceway gas station(FL,Gibsonton) not to come to Raceway gas station again because I used their bathroom without buying stuffs from the store. But I always buy gas from them! That's the only gas station I am faithful buying gas every time! Then the Indian man told me he only makes 3 cents for each gallon I bought, and if I used credit card he only makes 1 cents. So, If I used their bathroom without buying any other items from their store, they will broke! That's the first time I heard anything like that from a gas station. Imagine how much money I have paid for the gas during the years I bought from them! Raceway,Thank you for informing this, I will never go back for sure!

Nice P., 2012-12-04, 09:02AM CST

By the way, he said the only way he could make money is that I paid the gas by cash inside the store, or buying items from the store. Where does the gas money go I was paying all those years? I am so embarrassed that I have disappointed someone in such way!