Ashley Furniture

Company: Ashley Furniture

Location: 1821 Route 110
Farmingdale, NY, 11735, US

URL: http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/

On May 22, 2010 I ordered a living room set with a promise of delivery of June 26, 2010. As the date got closer, I received a call stating they had a delay in manufacturing and I was given a choice of delivery of July 3rd, 8th, 9th or 10th. I opted for a delivery date of the 9th. On July 3rd received a call stating they had another delay in delivery again due to manufacturing and the choices of delivery was now July 30th, August 3rd, 4th or 5th. To say the least I was irate. I was irate not only because of the delay, but their practice of charging customers and constantly delaying delivery while your credit card is charged the amount and interest is accruing. I requested the Consumer Affairs License number from the store manager, Rob & Greg, names given and they stated that it was not available. I called my credit card and was given credit for the sale, but unfortunately they cannot give credit for interest accrued. I can live with paying the interest amount, its a lesson learn, but I cannot understand how practices of this nature can be accepted towards consumers. I researched Ashleys after this fiasco and found many had experienced the same outcome and other problems with this store. During these economic times no one can afford to have $2000.00 plus held, while they gain on people money.