DISH Network

Posted on Friday, July 30th, 2010 at 9:56am CDT by bae161a9

Product: TV

Company: DISH Network

Location: Salem, Or, US

Under disclosed and over billed: from the beginning (2/10) Dish Network has failed to disclose all their charges, specifically the "receiver" rental, over billed for HBO & Showtime in spite of the fact that I told them upon installation that I did not want either of those services and have never used either of them even during the 3 month "promo" period, and under credited me (they "pro-rated" the credit) when the over charges were brought to their attention. To add insult to injury, the programming stinks unless you like watching repetitious repeats or are willing to pay for current programs. Calling "customer service" only adds to the frustration. If they don't drop the call, they offer no help unless you consider a $350 "early cancellation" fee help. In keeping my promise to them, I am posting this complaint on every blog, chat room, and public internet site I can find in hopes of saving others from the frustration my wife and I have experienced.

008a25c3, 2010-12-29, 10:42AM CST

Hello, this is Mike LeMar with DISH Network customer service. I understand you've had an unpleasant experience with our service, which I do apologize about. Since these addressed issues are specific toward your account, go ahead and email me your account number so that I can look into this for you and get this resolved to the best of your satisfaction.

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-13, 08:51AM CST

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We offer promotions to customers when they sign up with us, some of these promotions require you to cancel or remove the service or programming that was offered originally at no charge. If these channels or services are not removed you will than be billed the normal monthly rates for them. When you sign up there is a lot of information that is provided and I understand how easily things can be over looked. We try to provide detailed billing to show you each item that you are being charged for and how much it is. If you are in a contract and choose to cancel services early the cancel fee would be enforced. The return shipping cost would be your responsibility however we do provide pre addressed labels from UPS at a discounted rate of $15.00 that you can elect to use, but are not required to. If you are still unsure of what you are being charged for or the reason why I would love to help please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Alicia Brink