Magic Jack - magic jack terminate my service

Posted on Thursday, July 29th, 2010 at 9:04am CDT by da5cd5e5

Product: Magc Jack

Company: Magic Jack

URL: http://Magicjack.com/

Magic Jack terminate my servie know notice.I chat online with them this is whatPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Mara'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4190122153797X

Mara: Hello, how may I help you?

Sarah Pontoon: yes I'm unable to make or receive calls. it said error 3

Mara: Okay.

Mara: May I have your magicJack phone number?

Sarah Pontoon: 8432176339

Mara: Thank you.

Mara: Please provide me your complete name and address for me to check your magicjack account.

Sarah Pontoon: Sarah Pontoon

Sarah Pontoon: 302 Bay St. Walterboro SC 29488

Mara: Thank you.

Mara: Please wait while I check that for you

Mara: Thank you for waiting.

Mara: This phone number has violated our Terms of Service. Please refer to Section 6, Proper Use at www.magicJack.com/TOS

Sarah Pontoon: what improper use when its only used for calls

Mara: Under 6. Proper Use it says "If magicJack sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customer's usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us. We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days. In the event we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number."

Sarah Pontoon: tell me what happen was there more than average calls was the same number call more than once what?

Mara: If magicJack sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customer's usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately

Sarah Pontoon: why was't I notified if it was excessive use because I paid for 5 years

Mara: I fully understand how you feel. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do for it as these this kind of process is system generated. Once our Terms of Service are violated your magicJack will automatically be suspended. There is nothing you can do to reverse the action either.

Sarah Pontoon: I only use this as a secondary line I have a house phone I can't see how that. If you can't do anything I need a telephone number to call because this not going to end like this

Mara: We'd love to help you by phone but as of the moment we only do support on chat.

Sarah Pontoon: I know there is something elese I can do. I need more anwsers this is not acceptable to me.

Mara: There is nothing you can do to reverse the action.

Sarah Pontoon: You did't provide me with know number of over use or anything you just tell me this happen without notification thats not right

Mara: When you plug the magicJack into your computer for the first time you were taken to the registration page to get a new number. On the third screen/dialog box of the wizard you were asked to read the TOS article entitled "magicJack Device and Software, Terms of Service and Software License Agreement". It is impossible to proceed with the process and hit next unless you checked on the box at the bottom that says "I have read and agree to the Terms of Service." Activating a magicJack service requires agreeing to the TOS, which you did.

Sarah Pontoon: I thank you for your time.

Mara: Thank you for your time and patience as well as your understanding.

they said:

d8f6a7b0, 2010-09-25, 01:55PM CDT

Amazingly, many "experts" rate the MagicJack device positively. They play with it for a bit, and then decide it's a great product.

Unfortunately for those of us in the real world, these "experts" aren't always wise enough to offer the consumer valuable advice. Magicjack is a perfect example of this.

HERE'S THE ROOT OF MAGICJACK'S TECHNICAL PROBLEMS:

A consumer's MagicJack device will route its signals through the nearest MagicJack server. These servers experience different levels of activity at different times.

Many of these servers are not capable of handling heavy traffic. Obviously the MagicJack organization did not anticipate the amount of traffic these servers would have to handle, and for many markets (like Las Vegas), during peak call times -- like the weekend, holidays, etc -- calls are dropped, become choppy and lose sound quality. These decreases in quality and terminations of calls are the servers' way of handling the unexpectedly high traffic.

Remember what happened to AOL in the 90s? They became so popular their dial-up locations couldn't handle the traffic. Many would set up their modems to attempt the maximum 25 call-ins, still not get through, and start the whole dial-up attempt all over again. Eventually, customers got fed up with not being able to even connect to the internet during peak times, and went elsewhere.

MAGICJACK, listen up: you're headed the same way AOL went. UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS.

..!..