Ford Motor Company - Ford Customer Care Unhelpful

Company: Ford Motor Company

Location: P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI, 48126, US

URL: http://www.ford.com/

I have a new Ford F150. It is less than 6 months old and has less than 7000 miles. While driving on the Interstate the brake booster failed. Luckily I was able to stop the vehicle without accident or injury. The truck was towed to a nearby dealer where I was informed the part was back ordered and would not be available until 8/9/10. This left me stranded 200 miles from home. As nerve wracking as losing your brakes at 65 mph was, it was nothing compared to my dealings with Ford's so called customer care team. First, they are not open evenings or weekends. Second, the regular customer care person that answers the phone does not have the power to assist with providing a loaner or finding a rental. You have to speak with a customer care specialist who may take up to two business days to return your call. All this specialist could do is provide me the name and numbers of local car rental agencies. I had to call different companies, find rates, and make arrangements to get a rental. I was told to keep my receipts for possible reimbursement in the future. Ford customer care is unresponsive, unhelpful, and rude. Every person I speak with asks me what I am looking for from Ford today. It seems like they are trying to detemine the least they can do. I am looking for some service and assistance and have yet to find any. As a loyal Ford customer for over 28 years I deserve and expect better service. This will be my last Ford since they do not seem to care about their customers.