Troy Bilt MTD - warranties through sevice centers

Company: Troy Bilt MTD

Location: P.O. Box 368022
Cleveland, Oh, 44136, US

URL: http://www.troybilt.com/

I purchased a defective trimmer from my local hardware store. The owner got me the part to repair along with a $30.29 bill. I was told the United Hardware Chain cannot warranty the part i have to bring bill and part to an authorized service center. I called Troy Built and after 33 minutes on the phone they tell me same thing. I have to drive 100 miles to get reinbursed for a part devective from day one. Will the service center even want to warrenty the part because local hardware store got the part and bill me unfairly. The maufacture of this product just caused me to stop buying there products and also anything from my local hardware store because of there warranty policy. Smart bussiness move. The government shouldnt have to step in and tell business how to run but with this type of lawyer created warranties they need to. A simple return good authorization form for me to fill out and I send defective part with form to service center is what I should be able to do. If part is defective i should be sent a check for the cost of the part i bought less freight. I have lost all faith in buying local. I go to ebay and take a chance what do i have to loose.