Toshiba - Toshiba and their so called 1 year warranty on Computers

Posted on Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 at 1:34pm CDT by e08a6f01

Product: Warranty

Company: Toshiba

Well I just got screwed by Toshiba I guess like so many others, well anyway here??s my story of just how I got screwed by Toshiba & Office Depot, one day there I was at Office Depot looking at office supplies and I saw this cute little Laptop which happened to be made by Toshiba, well I have this problem with compulsive buying and decided that the computer would be nice as a carry around computer so I asked if they had it in stock and of course asked about the warranty and I was told that it had a 1 year parts & labor warranty, well guess what that??s not true, it actually has a limited warranty and a major component is excluded the LCD display, now what consumer would purchase a computer that has no warranty on the LCD display right, but it??s hidden in a way that they can say the pixels are considered cosmetic and don??t really matter, image having a dot on your screen in your face every time you use your new computer, and to top this all off I sent the unit back in its factory BOX with everything that came with it and when they sent it back to me the Computer was not in its BOX and the power cord was missing so now I??m stuck with a $449.00 paper weight well live and learn I guess, My advice to anyone considering the purchase of a computer, you really need to stay away from both Office Depot & Toshiba products, Office Depot will slap a sticker on the box and make like that??s a return or exchange sticker with a 14 day limit, but that is the actual time Office Depot will stand behind that product after that you??re on your own, really a great place to shop right ??.