Clairol - Clairol Mis-leading Customers

Product: Cleairol Natural Instincts Creme

Company: Clairol

Location: Cincinnati, Oh, 45202, US

URL: http://www.clairol.com/

I believe their website is inaccurate and/or misleading. Recently I had purchased and used Clairol Natural Instincts Creme Color and was unhappy with the results of it washing out/fading in a matter of 3-4 days from applying it. So I called the company's number and was told that the hair dye I had purchased and used does not qualify for the "satisfaction guarantee" promotion they currently have. Yet when I look at the promotion details on the site..there in the advertisement picture is the same type of dye that I'd purchased..so is the company trying to mislead and mis-advertise?..If so, I may have to report it Federal Trade Commission. Also, I called AGAIN and explained this exactly and was told I would have to have bought and kept a receipt from a box of hair color that I'd bought PRIOR to buying Clairol hair color in order to qualify for the promotion. If THAT is the case..then people who actually "qualify" for this are probably just doing it to get money and not legitimately because they were unsatisfied with Clairol's hair color.

e93795de, 2011-01-12, 04:45AM CST

My advice,avoid nice n easy foam hair dye!! it dries within minutes into a crustation edged stain which only comes off with extremely vigorous scrubbing!! try john freida foam instead, it does exactly what it says un like nice n easy!!

cb983413, 2011-03-25, 11:42PM CDT

Totally Agree, they did the same thing to me.

272a4069, 2011-08-30, 02:25PM CDT

I have used Clairol Natural Instincts Brass Free Brunettes for awhile and bought a box which now contained a 2-week color revitalizer. After 2 weeks I used it and it turned by hair carrot orange and fried itliterally. I called their customer service and the first operator told me there had been some issues with them going in wrong boxes. She put me through to another rep aand she told me to go to a salon and she sent me forms to send the receipt (which was only $47 I might add). Since then, I've accrued over $100 additional charges just having deep conditioning treatments to try to restore my hair. Well, here it is 3+ months later and I've yet to receive my $47 check. I called and they claim to have mailed it in June, however I've received nothing and when I told them that, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to reissue. I am at the point where a lawsuit is in order.

32d96640, 2011-10-06, 04:53PM CDT

The exact thing just happened to me. My hair is breaking off daily. I used the two-week "booster" and my hair turned orange, and began breaking off. It is horrible. The old formula made my hair feel fuller and silky. This new system has ruined my hair. I am outraged. I am also upset that cinnaberry is not available any more. However, what good will it do when I will probably have to shave my head because my hair has fallen out. I put on a wig today. This is awful. Where do I go to officially complain and get recompensed for my loss?