Charter One Bank - Charter One has unfair business practices

Location: 1 Citizens Drive
RIVERSIDE, RI, 02915, US

URL: http://www.charteronebank.com/

Category: Business, Finances

I had a checking account with Charter One Bank. I accidentally overdrew my account $16.85. Charter One proceeded to charge me $214.83 for NSF and late fees. I tried repeatedly to talk to two different branch managers, three phone reps, two supervisor phone reps, and one supervisors supervisor phone rep. I also tried to call Charter Ones collections department, and I talked to three phone reps, and one supervisor. None of these people were willing to rebate any of my fees or work with me at all. At one time, a $39 fee was rebated by them, only to be replaced with a $35 fee. It is egregious that I would be charged over $198 in fees for over drawing $16.85. The company has conducted themselves very poorly. "Donna" from collections 877-363-4605 was especially rude and confrontational and hung up on me twice. Charter One Bank has kicked me when I was down. I explained to Charter One several times that I was going through financial hardship and was willing to pay a fee, but they would not work with me at all. I would be more than willing to pay the $16.85 that I owe Charter One, plus one NSF fee of $39, but they refuse to even consider my offer. In closing, charter one has unethical business practices. They are unscrupulous in their fee charging and business practices. Charter One is a company not concerned in the least with its customers, only its bottom line. I was more than willing to work with Charter One, but they only threatened me with collections and negative consequences. I have never in my life dealt with such a callous, malevolent, unfriendly, unprofessional, greedy, and careless entity in my life as Citizens bank also known as Charter One.