Capital One Auto Finance

Location: P.O. box 260848
PLANO, TX, 75026, US

URL: http://www.capitalone.com

Category: Business, Finances

I have had an automobile loan with Capital one for several years. Since the beginning of the loan I have been trying to get my payment date changed from the 12th to the 20th. I am a teacher in the state of Oklahoma and get paid once a month. Capital one has refused to change the payment due date and as of today I owe over $500 in late fees.

I fell behind in my car payment and was contacted by Capital one in late June and was told that I had to pay $903.00 within 5 days or the automobile would be repossessed. I sent the payment and spoke with a hispanic sounding gentleman in the repossession department. I explained to him for the 100th time that I needed to get my payment due date changed to the 20th of the month. He told me that as long as I made a payment by the 12th of July they would defer my past due payment to the end of my loan which would bring my account current and he would change my due date at that time. I sent Capital One an online payment on June 12, 2010. I called today to find out about the deferment and was told by someone named Teresa that I could not have the deferment unless I sent another $458.00!!

I have gone round and round with this company for years trying to get this whole mess straightened out. I have done exactly what they have asked me to do in regards to making up the required past due payment and the continue to re-neg on what they have told me they would do as far as getting the payment due date changed. I am at my wits end and if this doesn't get resolved to my complete satisfaction by the 25th of July I will have no choice but to take action against the company.