Home Depot - Home Depot Home Services - not what they claim to be

Product: Home Depot Home Services

Company: Home Depot

Location: Waukesha,, WI, 53186, US

URL: http://www.homedepot.com/

It has now been 13 months since I signed a contract to have cement fiber siding, facia, and soffets installed on my house. I was promised it would be finished in 30 days. They hadn't even finished ordering the materials in 30 days. Over the course of the next 6 months, they had three different crews out here, the second one tearing off what the first one botched, the last to supposedly fix the mistakes of the second. Nothing lined up, there were huge gaps, soffits with holes for aeration were nailed over the old wooden ones, preventing any possible air flow, boards were even installed upside down. I kept being promised that it would be fixed. It got closer, but when it finally was too cold to finish, I was promised it would happen first thing in the spring. It is now July, and I don't even hear from them anymore, although I keep writing. The service manager asked me to sign off on the job, subject to a list of items still to be completed, in November, so he wouldn't lose his job. I did. What a mistake. He changed his story after that and says now that that was only a wish list on my part, not anything they agreed to. DO NOT HIRE HOME SERVICES from HOME DEPOT. I thought a big company like this would stand behind what it promises to do. NOT SO! They are not what they appear to be!