Garden Ridge - Garden Ridge - poor customer service

Company: Garden Ridge

Location: 11801 Chenal Parkway
Little Rock, AR, 72211, US

URL: http://www.gardenridge.com/

On Monday January 4th 2010, I went to my local Garden Ridge in Little Rock, AR where I purchased 2 rugs, 2 rug pads, and 2 lamp shades using my credit card. The lamp shades worked in my home perfectly and I was very pleased with them. However the 2 rugs did not work in my home as I had anticipated. Last night, Thursday January 7th 2010, I went back to my local Garden Ridge to return the 2 rugs and rug pads. I told the cashier that I did not have my receipt but I paid by credit card. She told me it was no problem to return the items and she could look up the purchase using my credit card. After 3 failed attempts for the computer to find my purchase, the cashier finally told me that she "just remembered" they were no longer able to look up purchases using this method. I told her no problem. I'll take store credit because I love shopping at Garden Ridge. I was told that without a receipt they could not give me store credit. I asked about an even exchange and she again told me she could not do that without a receipt. I asked to speak with the manager. He also was unable to work with me and ended up raising his voice and getting very rude with me. (I would also like to add that no one at this store ever brought up the return policy when I purchased these items.)

I asked for an number to call so I could file a complaint. The manager told me there was not a number I would have to email my complaint. I did this and the response I got was I am very sorry you can not return with out a receipt. There was no name signed to the email and I replied and asked where they were located and what their name was. No response. I tried calling my local store and all I got was a recording and no matter what button I pushed I could not get a live person on the line.

I work in customer service and know that the main goal of any company is keeping the customer satisfied. The experience I had last night at Garden Ridge was unlike any experience I have had at any retail store. It is extremely disappointing that a business I frequently visit is so unwilling to work with their customers regarding exchanges. I urge their business to reevaluate their return policy as I know they will have many more unhappy customers in the future. I hope that this does not hurt business at the Little Rock store as I know in this tough economic time people really need their jobs.

b4799bed, 2010-01-08, 01:29PM CST

We require a receipt for all returns.

This policy is posted at every register and printed on every receipt.

Thanks

8513c6ad, 2010-07-12, 09:29AM CDT

I was shopping Sunday afternoon in the Little Rock store and was tready very rudy by Nick and was told he was now there to help me, so on so on, and spoke with Britney store manager at the time and she said she had problems with him as well. I want to talk to the Main manager call me 501 258-1704.

Anonymous, 2011-01-18, 12:38PM CST

I've had the same experience with them. I made a purchase and need to return it but everytime you call the number there is no one to talk to - no management, supervisor or nothing. The telephone recorder gives you the online email address which is very misleading. I am stuck with this $100.00 product & can't return it. I will stop giving them my business because their customer service is terrible - worst I've ever experienced.

be4ec214, 2011-02-11, 08:24PM CST

This is happening to me right now as well! No signature in the email or number. Then I ask for the number and it says, "Sorry, there is no number to call." Like seriously?! Who runs a business like this??

7c4718a4, 2011-03-16, 07:22PM CDT

I had the same problem today. I lost my receipt and wanted to exchange $60 worth of pictures. I was so disppointed with their policy. No one never told me that i needed a receipt for an exchange. This is by far the worst customer service that i have ever encountered. They dont even have a number for customers to call! Very bad business. I will definitely let as many people as possible know about their policy so that they can think twice about shopping there. I have no need for the pictures that I bought. What am I suppose to do with those pictures??????? Garden Ridge has bad, bad, business practices!!!!!!

91f1728c, 2011-12-01, 06:15PM CST

I BOUGHT TWO CHRISTMAS TREES TODAY 12/1/11. THEY WERE MARKED ON SALE REG PRICE WAS $249.99 ON SALE FOR $199.00.WHEN I GOT HOME I WAS LOOKING AT MY RECEIPT WHEN I NOTICED THEY CHARGED ME THE REG PRICE. I WOULD LIKE MY REFUND OF THE PRICE DIFFERENCE.