HH GREGG - HH GREGG RIPPED ME OFF

Company: HH GREGG

Location: NORTH MAPLE AVE ZANESVILLE OHIO
ZANESVILLE, OH, 43701, US

12-29-2006 PURCHASED A NEW EPSON VIDEO

projector AT HH GREGG IN ZANESVILLE.

SALESMAN WOULD NOT COMPLETE OUR

PURCHASE UNTIL HE HIGH PRESSURED ME

TO BUY THEIR 5 YEAR TROUBLE FREE WARRANTY.

SALESMAN TOLD ME THAT THE TROUBLE FREE WARRANTY WOULD PAY FOR LAMP REPLACEMENT WHEN I NEEDED IT & THE $ 199.99 WARRANTY

WOULD BE LESS THAN THE $ 300.00 FOR A NEW LAMP.

HE TOLD ME THAT IF THEY COULD NOT REPAIR MY PROJECTOR FOR SOME REASON, THAT THEY WOULD REPLACE IT WITH A NEW PROJECTOR.

AFTER A FEW DAYS, WHEN WE TURNED OUR

SYSTEM ON, WE SAW A MESSAGE ON SCREEN

WHICH STATED " REPLACE LAMP ".

WHEN I WENT BACK TO THE ZANESVILLE STORE

PREVIOUSLY. .

12-14-2009 NOTIFIED HH GREGG IN PERSON AT STORE

OF MY NEED FOR WARRANTY SERVICE UNDER MY

TROUBLE FREE WARRANTY.

THE PROJECTOR HAD DIMMED TO THE POINT THAT IT WAS HARD TO SEE EVEN WITH ALL LIGHTS OFF AND BLINDS DRAWN TIGHTLY.

THE PROJECTOR THEN WENT DARK ALONG WITH A VERY LOUD EXPLOSION WHICH SOUNDED LIKE A SHOTGUN.

WHEN THE 1 AND ONLY SERVICE TECH ARRIVED ON THE APPOINTED

DATE AND TIME, HE WAS SENT OUT WITHOUT A NEW

LAMP. AFTER SPEAKING TO HIM, IT BECAME OBVIOUS

TO ME THAT HE WAS TO SEE IF I WAS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT NEEDING A NEW LAMP AND PROBABLY WAS TO SIMPLY RESET THE LAMP HOURS AGAIN.

THE LONE SERVICE TECH WHO IS THE ONLY PERSON TO EVER ARRIVE TO LOOK AT MY PROJECTOR

WONDERED WHY THEY DIDN'T SIMPLY MAIL A NEW LAMP TO ME HE SAID HE COULD DO NOTHING TO HELP ME UNTIL CAPTOVIS AUTHORIZED THE PURCHASE OF A NEW LAMP FOR MY PROJECTOR.

I CHECKED WITH ASSURANT SOLUTIONS AND CAPTOVIS AND LEARNED THAT MY NEW LAMP HAD BEEN ORDERED. ON THAT SAME DAY I ALSO LEARNED THAT THEY HAD CANCELED THIS LAMP ORDER.

I RESEARCHED THE CAPTOVIS COMPANY AND FOUND THEY HAVE A HISTORY WITH THE BBB OF NOT HONORING CUSTOMER REPAIR WARRANTIES.

I FOUND OUT THAT ASSURANT SOLUTIONS WAS THE COMPANY WHICH HAD PURCHASED MY WARRANTY CONTRACT AND AFTER SEVERAL EMAILS TO THEM THEY CALLED ME ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND SAID THEY WOULD SEE TO IT THAT MY PROJECTOR WAS REPAIRED. THEY SAID THEY WOULD GET BACK TO ME

AND KEEP ME INFORMED.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN, AS I EXPECTED!

I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF, CHEATED AND DEFRAUDED BY THE HH GREGG" TROUBLE FREE WARRANTY " WHICH IS AS FAR AS ONE COULD IMAGINE AWAY FROM BEING TROUBLE FREE.

I HAVE REPORTED HH GREGG TO THE BBB WHO TELLS ME THEY ARE AT LEVEL " F ", AS LOW AS THEY CAN GO.

I HAVE REPORTED HH GREGG TO THE OHIO ATTORNEY

GENERAL AND THEY TELL ME THE AG OFFICE IS SWAMPED AND CAN NOT TAKE ON MY CASE WITH HH GREGG. THEY WANT ME TO LET THEM KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT.

I HAVE REPORTED HH GREGG TO THE FEDERAL TRADE

COMMISSION AND HAVE RECEIVED A CASE NUMBER,

BUT NOTHING AFTER THAT.

SO, HERE I AM, WITH NO HELP, NO SERVICE, NO PROJECTOR, NO HINT THAT HH GREGG OR ANYONE ELSE WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE ME WHOLE.

THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS TO WARN OTHERS THAT MIGHT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID WHEN I MADE THIS PURCHASE FROM THE HH GREGG STORE IN ZANESVILLE OHIO.

I SUGGESTED TO THE STORE MANAGER THAT HE COULD

EITHER LET ME USE A NEW PROJECTOR WHILE THEY WERE REPAIRING MINE OR RENT ME A PROJECTOR FROM A RENTAL FIRM IN ZANESVILLE WHILE AWAITING MY WARRANTY TO DO WHAT I WAS TOLD BY THEIR SALESMAN IT WOULD.

BEING WITHOUT TV FOR A LONG TIME HAS GIVEN ME TIME TO COLLECT MEMORIES AND NOTES ABOUT THIS PROJECTOR. THEN I PUT MUCH OF THIS TOGETHER FOR FILING MY COMPLAINTS, I REALIZED THAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES SUGGEST TO ME THAT WHEN I PAID FOR MY NEW PROJECTOR, I MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED WITH A USE, RETURNED OR FLOOR DEMO THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PAWNED OFF ONTO ME. WHY WOULD THE SALESMAN SAY THEY FORGOT TO RESET THE LAMP HOURS BEFORE I WAS GIVEN MY "NEW" PROJECTOR

UNLESS THEY HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT IT WAS IN USE AND THEY PUT IT BACK INTO THE BOX WITHOUT RESETING THE HOURS?

NOW I KNOW JUST WHY THE SALESMAN HAD APPLIED SO MUCH PRESSURE ON ME TO BUY THE WARRANTY.

AFTER THINKING ABOUT THIS WHOLE MESS, HE SEEMED TO KNOW THAT I WOULD NEED A NEW LAMP SOON AND WAS COVERING FOR THE STORE. TOO BAD THE STORE DIDN'T COVER ME INSTEAD OF CHEATING ME!

IT IS NOW 6 WEEKS AFTER I STOPPED AT THE ZANESVILLE STORE TO TELL THEM I NEEDED SERVICE UNDER MY 5 YEAR TROUBLE FREE IN HOME WARRANTY. I AM STILL WAITING!

I HAVE MADE SEVERAL TRIPS BACK TO THE

ZANESVILLE HH GREGG STORE AND BEEN TOLD NOTHING THAT TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE.

IT IS MY OPINION, AFTER MY VERY BAD EXPERIENCES,

HH GREGG ENGAGES IN A PATTERN OF DECEPTION AND

I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE OF ANYTHING

FROM THEM UNLESS I CONSIDER THE PURCHASE AS AN

AS-IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OR RETURN POSSIBLE.