Homebrands - ikitchen.com and homebrands charging credit card for canceled order never shipped

Posted on Friday, January 29th, 2010 at 3:59pm CST by d1ee1164

Company: Homebrands

Location: 1934 E. 7th St Brooklyn, NY 11223
Brooklyn, NY, 11223, US

URL: http://ikitchen.com/

I ordered a Cuisinart from Homebrands November 27 2009. They didn't tell me it was on back order until I called 2 weeks later. I canceled the order and received written confirmation of the cancellation from Julie Miller, Customer Support at 212 564 0042 on Dec 10th. I subsequently ordered and received the product from another vendor.

In early January, Homebrands charged my credit card $310.84 for the Cuisinart (not shipped at this point and previously canceled). I called customer service and they reversed the charge on 1/6/2010. The very next day, on 1/7/2010, Homebrands charged my credit card $310.84 once again. The charge has been disputed with the credit card company.

I called Homebrands January 8th and two additional times after that and talked to people in both accounting and customer service and they promised to reverse the charge, but still have not done so. The product was never shipped so never should have been charged to begin with, much less charged twice AFTER the order was canceled.

I have reported Homebrands, Brooklyn, NY to the BBB in New York. I would like other people to be aware of the problems in purchasing from this company.