Chase - Refused Deposit to Named Account without Account Number

Product: Banking

Company: Chase

Location: 2620 E Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ, 85016, US

I am very angry about the way I was treated. I was asked to deposit money into my friend's account as he was overseas and in a bind. I make deposits into other people's accounts all the time. I don't see how this can hurt anyone. I even pay my rent this way. More ridiculous is the outright refusal of the chase bank employees, without explanation. Even after explaining that my friend is Deaf, in India, in a bind, and unable to communicate except by email from his phone, the manager would not explain or justify the policy. I was treated very rude, and I am not proud of my reaction either. Having a joint account is not the answer, Chase's policy is ridiculous. Why should anyone refuse a deposit. They can even issue a receipt with the transaction number and not detailing the actual account number. My credit union gladly does this. I am not sure at what point in the USA that customer's are no longer treated with respect. I am very happy with my Credit Union, and generally I am very disappointed with Chase, and a few other commercial big banks.

ad74dae4, 2011-07-31, 08:15PM CDT

"More ridiculous is the outright refusal of the chase bank employees, without explanation. Even after explaining that my friend is Deaf, in India, in a bind, and unable to communicate except by email from his phone, the manager would not explain or justify the policy."

If youre that fucking stupid, you should not be allowed out of the HOUSE, let alone have MONEY to use.

You show up looking like a money launderer wanting to send funds overseas to someone who only has EMAIL?

Youre a MORON