Lexus - Total Engine Failure

Posted on Monday, January 18th, 2010 at 9:41pm CST by 9ae58b6b

Product: Lexus RX 330

Company: Lexus

Location: Lexus Headquarters P.O. Box 2991-Mail Drop L201 Torrance, CA 90509-2991
Torrance, CA, 90509, US

URL: http://www.lexus.com/contact/

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing you because I am being ignored by a large product manufacturer. Lexus/Toyota is refusing to hear my claim or even consider my situation on the car. I have not had my claim denied by Lexus because they simply will not even consider my issue.

I am the owner of a 2004 Lexus RX 330 that has a failed engine due to oil sludge. I have always had my vehicle maintained at a Lexus dealership and I get the oil changed in a timely manner. My car has 110,000 miles on it and last Sunday the engine failed in the middle of an intersection. It now requires a new engine that is estimated to cost me $3,600 . This incident happened on a Sunday (1/9/10) so I had no choice but to use the one towing opportunity that my insurance company gave me to towe my car to a non-Lexus/Toyota brand dealership.

The engine failure was caused by oil sludge. I have always had my car serviced properly and I refused to be denied my right to be heard. Toyota/Lexus settled a case for the very same problem in Febraury 2007. This settlement effected 7.8 million units model years 1997 to 2003, however I refuse to give up the fight, my car is one generation out of the settlement. I refuse to believe that all issues have been solve the very next year. I want to file a claim for my car.

Here is the website with the details for the settlement: http://www.oilgelsettlement.com/

I called Lexus and they brushed me off saying that I had to get the car to a dealership and even then they weren't offering any type of maintenance credit at all. I can't afford to continue to haul my car all over town to meet the specifications of this company. I want to be reimbursed for the repairs which by all estimates will cost them less than what it will cost them at a dealership. What really upsets me is that clearly this company has had an issue with sludge, I live in Atlanta where tempatures have been extremely cold which is a cause of sludge and they won't help me at all.

What legal actions can be taken on my behalf to get me reimbursed?

If your office can't take my case can you refer me to a law office that will take my case here in Atlanta?

What pieces of documentation do I need to begin building this case?

Is it possible for this law office to get in contact with Toyota/Lexus on my behalf about this?

I just want my car fixed and I want them to take responsibility for the product issue that almost cost me my life. Please feel free to call me to discuss further even if you can't help I am open to being pointed in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

1d48dac4, 2010-10-29, 03:26PM CDT

Same thing just happened to me pretty much. I had complete engine failure due to gel. LEXUS has told me that they will only cover the labor and not the engine itself. OMG $5000.00!

I myself also have records of all oil changes made. We need to get an attorney to file another class action lawsuit because I am sure we have TONS of others Lexus is trying to shrug off! This is service I expect when buying a Kia..not a Lexus.