Unclear: either Orbital Publishing Group, or MPP - Magazine subscription scam

Product: Renewal notices

Company: Unclear: either Orbital Publishing Group, or MPP

Location: 216 Lemmon Dr. #357,
Reno, NV, 89506, US

I have been getting mailing from this group for years, titled "Notice of Renewal" and showing a magazine I do subscribe to and presenting me with the amount due, who to make the check payable to and where to send the check. In small print elsewhere on the mailing it is said: "This is a magazine subscription offer, not a bill or invoice". Only once did I bite and send a check to renew an existing subscription, but nothing happened. The real publisher later sent me a true bill. This is clearly a scam and I am amazed it has gone on so long.

1045775b, 2010-04-10, 01:30PM CDT

4/10/2010,

Same deal and address but called "Publishers Billing Exchange"

It didn't smell right, so didn't respond. Googled the address and found found this complaint.

76e8696f, 2010-09-20, 07:20AM CDT

I have been getting these as well - truly annoyed! Can't this be a federal case as using the US postal service?

f73ab66c, 2010-10-11, 03:54PM CDT

We are an insurance agency and our partners are receiving these SCAM subscriptions to us as well! Someone needs to put a stop to this!!

a2476546, 2010-11-12, 06:56PM CST

I wish I had noticed this was a bogus company. In August 2010, I paid them $71.88 to renew my favorite magazine for two years. When I started being bombarded with requests from the magazine to renew, they advised that they could not help me.

BEWARE of Orbital Publishing Group, Inc. dba MDS!

605ed3e2, 2011-02-02, 03:27PM CST

We just received an "offer" from them that looked like a bill. They wanted $29.95 for 1 year of Cat Fancy, we recently renewed for $9.95 why does the government allow these crooks to use the mails to rip people off?

6ea84853, 2011-02-10, 03:28PM CST

I'm filing a complaint with the Attorneys General of Ohio & Nevada on these hucksters.

e041bfad, 2011-02-10, 03:46PM CST

I'm filing a complaint against them with the Attorneys General of Nevada & Ohio and the USPS Postal Inspector.

bc2813d0, 2011-02-14, 03:50PM CST

I just discovered that they have scammed me for nearly $90.00.

I don't know what to do now.

Ohio, are you in the state of Ohio?

32b3c406, 2011-03-07, 09:58AM CST

FOR WELL OVER SIX MONTHS I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING MAIL FOR SOMEONE WHO APPARENTLY LIVED( I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 2007) AT MY ADDRESS AND NO LONGER LIVES HERE NOW. I HAVE WRITTEN 3 SEPRATE LETTER TO THIS COMPANY AND NEVER HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE, EXCEPT THE MEIL KEEPS COMING. EVEN THOUGH EACH TIME I HAVE SENT BACK THEIR MAIL, WITH :NO LONGER LIVES HERE???????? AND CIRCLED MY ADDRESS ALONG WITH THE NAME OF THE IN DIVIUAL.

I JUST KEEP THINKING HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE GETTING THIS MAIL AND HOW MUCH OF THIS MUST BE COSTING US AS TAXPAYERS IN GENERAL.

I USE TO BE A REPRESENTITIVE THAT REQUIRED VISTING INDIVIUALS IN THEIR HOMES LOCATED IN LARGE URBAN ARREARS. I WAS AMAZED TO SEE HOW MUCH MAIL WOULD BE LEFT TO ROT ON THE FLOORS OF THESE DWELLINGS. IT????????S NO WONDER THAT THE USPS CONTINUES TO OPERATE AT A DEFICITE AND THE PRICE OF A STAMP KEEPS GOING UP. MAYBE WE SHOULD DEMAND THAT THESE POSTAL INSPECTORS BE FIRED AND GIVE THEIR END OF THE BUSINESS TO AN INDEPEDANT CONTRACTOR, WHO CAN HANDLE OUR COMPLAINTS. IF ANYONE HAS FILED COURT ACTION WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IT'S PROGRESS. I'M INCLINED TO START WITH SMALL CLAIMS COURT, GET A JUDGEMENT AND SEND IT UP TO THE STATE. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS PATH?

a3313ffe, 2011-09-09, 02:45AM CDT

I, too, have been getting "notice of renewal" invoices from this place. For the last several months I have been receiving the SMUT magazince OK. I DO NOT want it, nor did I order it. There is a # provided - 1-775-345-3664, so will be calling them as well. enough is enough. People - be smart :)

65d1e970, 2011-12-31, 05:38AM CST

I just received a "Notice of Renwewal" for a magazine I subscribe to from Publishers Billing Center. Something didn't seem right. To see where the address is, I brought them up on Google Earth. It is in Nevada, it is in Reno, but it's a UPS store. Not an office building or anything that could look like a business, except being a UPS store.

I have no intention to send this bogus business any "renewal" money.

Be very wary about this "business."