Dish Network - wrongful charge

Posted on Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 at 12:03pm CST by 1d74075d

Company: Dish Network

Location: OHIO
US

I have been paying $10.00 a month for not having a phone line attached to my broadband receiver. I have tried and tried to dispute the charge with no luck so I gave in and had someone run phone lines to both my receivers and called Dish Network to tell them that the phone lines were in and to stop charging me. The representative told me that the phone line to the receiver did not work in doing what it was supposed to do and they would no longer be charging me for this service. I demanded that they reimburse me for the money they have been charging me for a service that I did not want to pay and a service that did not work. They refused me my money back. I feel that I should be reimbursed along with every other person they wrongfully charged! How can they get away with this type of criminal activity?

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-13, 02:37PM CST

I understand your frustration. I wanted to clarify the programming access fee some customers are receiving. Although this is not a fee currently in effect, if you signed up under a promotion that had the programming access fee and are still being charged the $5.00 for each duo receiver, there is a way to take part in the current incentive to waive that fee. You can add the automatic payment option to your account, paperless billing, along with a valid email address. Keep in mind that even though a phone line/broadband connection is not required to avoid additional charges, having it connected does provide you with a lot of other interactive benefits. Some of these benefits included paying your bill using remote, ordering programming using remote, up to date weather information on interactive menus but it will also allow you to update and change DVR recordings online or watch recorded programs from DVR on your computer depending on your service and equipment. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers.

Alicia Brink