Toshiba - Toshiba damaged my projector while under warranty. Now they will not fix it

Posted on Monday, February 8th, 2010 at 3:53pm CST by 905b63cc

Product: Toshiba Projector model TDP-ET20U

Company: Toshiba

Location: 1251 Avenue of the Americas Suite 4110
New York, NY, 10020, US

URL: http://www.toshiba.com/

I sent my projector in to Toshiba's contracted warranty repair company, Projector Doctor, for a minor defect in the built in DVD player. They sent it back and it would not power on. I sent it back and forth 3 times and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. On the 4th occasion, Projector Doctor stated they installed the wrong circuit board on the 1st occasion and would attempt to fix it. It's been going on for 6 months now and is still in their shop awaiting the part. Toshiba will not claim any responsibility for this. I believe this is wrong and that I'm entitled to a replacement unit.

Robert Allyn L., 2010-02-08, 05:03PM CST

Ahhh actually projector doctors problem. Toshiba may get into this as an advocate for you but has no direct liability. (there are exceptions) If Projector Doctor made the error it is the warranty to do with their work that you are claiming against. If you are calm and reasonable Toshiba may intervine with the repair centre and push for a satisfactory result but they don't have to and won't if you peeve them off.