Electrolux - Frigidiare Dishwashers are defective

Product: Frigidiare Dishwasher model FGHD2433KB1

Company: Electrolux

Location: SE

URL: http://electroluxappliances.com/

I purchased a Frigidaire/Electrolux dishwasher in November of 2009. It lasted for about a week and began making a terrible noise. The noise was coming from an electric motor. I had the dealer replace the machine with a new dishwasher which was the same Frigidair model. I installed the new one. It began making the same noise in just a few weeks. I did an internet search to find a lot of people had the same problem. I called the manufacturer and they offered a repair. Since I had replaced the dishwasher once and had the same problem, I wanted a refund. The manufacturer refused. My only choice was to take a day off of work to meet a repairman at my home. I strongly discourage anyone from purchasing a Frigidaire dishwasher. These are shoddy products. If you are busy like I am, you won't want to take time off work and deal with a repairman who could care less about respecting your home or your personal schedule. BUYER BEWARE!!

55b46e49, 2010-09-14, 02:05PM CDT

We purchased the same model fghd2433kb1 in December 2009 and had the exact same problem plus more. First it started making the loud terrible noise after about two months of use. The service repair tech came out and determined the motor was bad. He replaced the motor. The dishwasher worked for about a month when we noticed the soap was not dissolving completely in the soap dispenser. The service repair tech came out and he determined the dishwasher was not filling up with enough water. He replaced the water pump. The dishwasher worked for about another month when we noticed the dishes were not coming completely clean. The service repair tech came out for a third time and determined the heat coil was bad. He replaced the heat coil today. This is the last visit the service repair tech will make before they replace the unit. I will check back in a few weeks and let you know the outcome. I will never buy a Frigidaire/Electrolux dishwasher again!!

700f8ace, 2010-10-12, 02:56PM CDT

We live in a church parsonage and had the last Frigidaire DW go bad with a bad water pump. The local authorized service tech said both the pump and the motor were in the same unit and would cost $300 for the part plus installation. The church trustees decided to replace the DW. As the pastor's family, we have no say so as to what is installed. Today, the new DW was installed...a FRIGIDAIRE of the 2433KB1 type. After the installers departed, I ran a full cycle with no dishes to wash out anything from the factory and it appears to have done fine. I must say it sure is more quiet than the old one. The true test comes when we get it loaded up. Thanks for the info and I'll keep a watch on this problem.

dont c., 2014-07-23, 09:07PM CDT

Bought a home with the exact same DW. The former owner replaced the motor according to records. But guess what, this DW is a royal piece of junk. It has the same exact problems listed above. Not sure if I'll waste any money fixing it as it is an old unit and there are much better DW on the market. I'll never buy a Frigidaire product.