the goodyear tire& Rubber company - fortera tires

Posted on Saturday, February 27th, 2010 at 2:51pm CST by ed5d993e

Product: fortera silentarmor

Company: the goodyear tire& Rubber company

Location: the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company 1144 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44316-0001
Akron, Oh, 44316-0001, US

URL: http://www.goodyear.com//

I purchased these FORTERA TIRES in early summer 2008 from the goodyear auto service center in Ann Arbor MI. I wanted wrangler tires for my explorer but they were out of stock and suggested these new fortera tires instead-just as good or even better- since theyr'e made for SUV's. Big mistake! those fortera tires are DANGEROUS! I think they should be recalled. The traction is so bad that they slide and fishtail on wet pavement in the summer. We have winter here in michigan and I've slid off the road 4 times with these fortera tires.I Never slid off the road in 30 years on other tires, not even with cheap tires like continental tires or firestone tires or kelly tires. This morning I had enough, I had a hard time backing out of my plowed driveway onto our plowed road. What the hell kind of tire is so increadibly bad that it cant function in north american weather? These Fortera tires are DANGEROUS! I tried to contact the company on the contact us thing on their website, But while I was typing the message the screen went blue and a condescending pop up says "YOUR NOT CLICKIN" and I got booted off theyr'e website. I think thats a clear indication of what they think of theyr'e customers concerns. I Always buy AMERICAN but I think now I want MY DAM MONEY BACK. I'm going to file a complaint with the transportation safty board or whatever applicable agency in the govt. is resposible for tires. If you are having the same problems with FORTERA SILENTARMOR tires, I suggest you do the same they should be recalled!

dda9c4df, 2012-02-27, 07:37AM CST

Just had a BLOWOUT with Fortera tires

(< 30,000 miles)!!

Lousy ride ever since original installation;

All four tires are fully worn, dry-rotted &

very DANGEROUS to drive on!

THEY SHOULD BE RECALLED & REFUNDED!