Charter Communications - Charter Communications is a Joke

Posted on Saturday, February 20th, 2010 at 11:59am CST by 26079359

Company: Charter Communications

As I went to pay my bills today I was surprised at the amount on my Charter bill. It said that I had paid the bill from last month but yet at the end of the adjustments section I was charged $94.44 just in adjustments. There was no reasoning for this.

I got in touch with Charter and they said that my payment from the month before had not been processed. But I was never informed of this and probably never would have been if I contacted them.

If I had known this originally when I had tried paying my bill the first time I could have taken care of it. Now, however, I have to pay double what I was expecting to pay.

In this tough economy this is not the way to do business. I am lucky that I should be able to afford to pay the full amount, not everyone is that lucky though.

Also, I work in customer service for a small company. I realize that Charter is not a small company but if I had a customer whose payment did not go through and I did not contact that customer to get paid right away I probably wouldn't have my job anymore. I was hesitant to get Charter because I knew they were going bankrupt, now I think I know why.

fd1b9789, 2012-07-18, 05:32PM CDT

charter is a joke. I have had Charter for 17 years. I pay $150.00 for a bundle package. They are offering the same package that I have to new custmers for 89.97 per month plus taxes. My contract with charter expires on August 5, 2012. I was chatting with one of their reps about getting this price, and she wouldn't budge. Either would her supervisor. I cancelled effective August 5th. I asked for either an email confirming this, or a written letter sent to my house. She promised a cancellation email within 24 hours. It has been 72 hours. This monopoly is arogant, and they can kiss my you know what!!